School bus cleaning

Started by rc1790, March 08, 2020, 11:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc1790

The city is disinfecting MTA buses, subways and schools. I guess our buses are not their concern. We are probably in the most confined area out of them all. And still allowing field trips. Go figure.

Buzz

And our passengers are germ incubators!

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

That's exactly correct ... Our buses are not their concern.
It's the contractors concern. I would think (at least at this time), that the City can only suggest or ask the contractors to disinfect their schools buses.

yabba

I think we will see schools close for a week or so ,seems like it's going to get worse.   Are we under the 40 week pay guarantee.   Hurricane sandy we contrinued to get paid and years back asbestos in schools       

PROUD MEMBER

It's no longer 40 weeks it's been 39 weeks for a while And I would assume according to our contract unless I'm reading it wrong we will get paid whether we work or not. But then again you know what happens when you assume things!

Buzz

I'm sure sweeping our buses every day as per OPT will prevent the spread of the virus in schools.  ;D ;D ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

What are you complaining about the bus wash is open🤣
All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

I guess I was wrong. Apparently the BOE can tell the contractors what to do. Supposedly ALL buses will be disinfected every Monday & Thursday night.