Where do we stand?

Started by rc1790, September 16, 2020, 02:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc1790

If the teachers force another postponement, are we still on the payroll? Are we under our contract now that we started? Are we employed or per diem at the mercy of the city and the company? Are we under 39 guaranteed weeks?

Buzz

Just talked to Ernie about this. This is the subject of ongoing negotiations between the legacy companies, the city and the union. We'll have to see what comes of these meetings. As with everything else, there just are no answers yet.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Buzz, When should we expect an answer as to what's going on? Pay, job status, are we reporting Monday? This scenario should have been in place well in advance. It's already Friday.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 18, 2020, 03:42:51 PM
Buzz, When should we expect an answer as to what's going on? Pay, job status, are we reporting Monday? This scenario should have been in place well in advance. It's already Friday.

Hopefully later today, but who knows. Stay tuned.

Hammer2161

So it's 1:15 on the Friday before some type of in school learning is supposed to start. And we the bus drivers and attendants know absolutely nothing.

Can we all say Pinocchio because I think they assume we are puppets on a string.

rc1790

It should also be the day payroll goes in for this week. How can they not know about our pay.

yabba

it seems like they dont want to give any bus service till all schools return   not looking good

docjones

The big question do we close the bus door when seating arrangements are full? or do we over load the bus?? I as a driver am not taking responsibility if someone gets the virus on my bus due to over crowding...Pioneer better have some sort of release form if they want us to leave no child behind! IDC either way just need an ANSWER. (((((Over load the bus or close the door when seats are full?)))))

Buzz

Quote from: docjones on September 19, 2020, 02:11:18 AM
The big question do we close the bus door when seating arrangements are full? or do we over load the bus?? I as a driver am not taking responsibility if someone gets the virus on my bus due to over crowding...Pioneer better have some sort of release form if they want us to leave no child behind! IDC either way just need an ANSWER. (((((Over load the bus or close the door when seats are full?)))))

I'm pretty sure that was answered both days of the training class and on the memo Owen handed out. If kids have a mask, you have to let them on. Period.

WigWag16

To my understanding after the second class we had with Owen and how he stated it....if you have ten or less you go by the seating chart....if you have more the seating chart goes out the window as long as everyone is wearing a mask and you radio it into pioneer that you're carrying a bigger load and can't socially distance. Hopefully the way they planned the split days we won't have full loads

Buzz

As Ernie indicated in his post yesterday, supposedly OPT is in the process of reconfiguring runs so that this might not be a problem.

docjones

Quote from: Buzz on September 19, 2020, 02:35:53 AM

As Ernie indicated in his post yesterday, supposedly OPT is in the process of reconfiguring runs so that this might not be a problem.

So all of the runs that were giving to us at the class will be different? That defeats the entire purpose of doing the dry run two days.

Buzz

Quote from: docjones on September 19, 2020, 02:46:11 AM
So all of the runs that were giving to us at the class will be different? That defeats the entire purpose of doing the dry run two days.

Yep. More dry runs coming.

But what the hell ... we got paid.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 19, 2020, 03:10:47 AM

dry runs are the  best   no kids  no parents questions   ;D ;D ;D

WigWag16

Quote from: yabba on September 19, 2020, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: Buzz on September 19, 2020, 03:10:47 AM

How we doing dry runs if we start next week lol

dry runs are the  best   no kids  no parents questions   ;D ;D ;D