Public Schools

Started by rc1790, November 13, 2020, 03:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc1790

Diblasio says schools will close if citywide  rate exceeds 3%.
It is currently at 2.6. Article on Foxnews.com.

Buzz

We'll have to see what Cuomo has to say about that.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

I don't think king Coumo will disagree with Dibozo the way the infection is rising

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 13, 2020, 02:29:37 PM
I don't think king Coumo will disagree with Dibozo the way the infection is rising

But the state threshold is 5%, not 3 like the city. I predict a pissing contest!

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 13, 2020, 04:30:49 PM
Quote from: yabba on November 13, 2020, 02:29:37 PM

But the state threshold is 5%, not 3 like the city. I predict a pissing contest!

i agree with you,but lets not forget the UFT owns the king

yabba

2.83 % as of right now... mayor telling parents to prepare for remote as early as monday... looks like the plug will be pulled over the weekend...here we go again...

WigWag

Why do we have contact tracing if they used it ...it would show its not coming from the schools.

WigWag16

Quote from: yabba on November 13, 2020, 06:14:12 PM
2.83 % as of right now... mayor telling parents to prepare for remote as early as monday... looks like the plug will be pulled over the weekend...here we go again...

And once again nobody letting us know a what if factor approach on our end....tossed back to unemployment and no benefits again. The hell is the point of having a contract when they won't pay us or take care of us or even give us updates

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag on November 13, 2020, 06:31:12 PM
Why do we have contact tracing if they used it ...it would show its not coming from the schools.

Exactly. He and the chancellor keep telling people how safe schools are to get them to change to blended learning by the 15th, so WTF??

Hammer2161

Unfortunately with numbers trending in the wrong direction not only here on Staten Island but across the 5 Boroughs I doubt Cuomo will get involved if Dumblasio decides to close the schools once again.

I think we are all smart enough to see the hand writing on the wall and that and inevitable shut down is coming. The real fact is they could shut Staten Island schools down all on there own based on the positivity rate we have had for at least the past week.

Hoping for the best but unfortunately preparing for the worst.

Be Safe Everyone !!!!

J.T.

What happens to our benefits now😡

WigWag16

Cuomo said today schools aren't the issue for the virus spreading. It's bars and people passing it around in their living rooms 🤦🏻‍♂️

J.T.

Hammer2161

If we are waiting for Cuomo to intervene I personally think that's a long shot. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen.

J T if I remember when the new contract was agreed upon the city guaranteed 43 percent to the owners and I believe it was ear marked to keep the benefits and pensions active in case of a school closure once again.