Any word on Monday?

Started by rc1790, November 28, 2020, 11:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc1790

Any update for Monday? Time is ticking.

steady

I'm waiting as well.  I'm sure the list by seniority and who wants to work has been established.  I'm guessing they're not making notifications until Pioneer establishes a list of schools that need to be covered.  If our union gives out runs to be covered and is not accurate a driver is not going to be happy.  Pioneer has to be responsible if there is a screw up.  If Pioneer provide a list of schools to be covered and it turns out it's closed, they pay the driver.  If the union screws up the driver is out of pay.  So I guess Andy is waiting for an legitimate list from Pioneer.   My guess.  We must be notified tomorrow lol.

hideout

There are a number of senior drivers, like myself, who were never asked or contacted if we wanted to work.

steady

I was called. If you have seniority maybe you should text Andy or Anthony and make sur your on the list

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on November 29, 2020, 12:22:48 AM
     There are a number of senior drivers, like myself, who were never asked or contacted if we wanted to work.

Trying to help you ... told you ... check your Personal Messages.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

Steady when we're you called?
All lives matter

faceit

Was anyone called today by either pioneer or Andy/Anthony?
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on November 29, 2020, 01:45:49 AM
Was anyone called today by either pioneer or Andy/Anthony?

I think you should have been asked by now. Better call Andy.

Hammer2161

From what I was told the list had been established and they weren't making any changes. If I was anyone who is not sure I would get in touch with Andy ASAP. Because I believe the office is in charge of notifying us as to who is actually working when they finally get around to it.

BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS IF YOUR NOT SURE REACH OUT FOR ANDY ASAP !!!!

steady

Faceit.  I was called Wednesday.  I'll guess again despite being called they might have a full list and when they ask you if you want to work they'll cross you off.

faceit

Ty wasn't sure if they were calling drivers again
All lives matter

steady

The way I see it being that it's Sunday now.  I see it difficult calling over 100-175 members to work individually.  Is it possible that they will notify a select number of members to show up early Monday morning to receive runs to cover. The clock ticks.

Hammer2161

Are we really surprised that it appears it's going to be a last minute game time decision. This is absolutely ridiculous either they still have no definitive word on what schools will be opened and what schools will be closed or they just assume that the drivers who worked last week will show up to work.

In all seriousness if we are not officially notified are the drivers who worked last week supposed to report for work in the morning ?

PROUD MEMBER

I'm sure every employee take is supposed to report tomorrow morning will get an email today. Every other employee will be considered furloughed at the end of today and will keep their benefits as per the letter dated 11/25 that was emailed to us.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 29, 2020, 03:02:20 PM
I'm sure every employee take is supposed to report tomorrow morning will get an email today. Every other employee will be considered furloughed at the end of today and will keep their benefits as per the letter dated 11/25 that was emailed to us.

That email was very general in nature. I would think they not only have to contact those who are working but those who are specifically furloughed along with benefits info. Just my opinion.