Utterly Amazing

Started by Hammer2161, September 10, 2020, 06:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

OMG

Nope, that's what I've been saying since the beginning. I never downplayed this virus, and I'm still not done playing. And all I hear is if you don't feel comfortable maybe you should retire, that's not the answer anyone of us should be getting. Once again we've had six months, and I'm sure Pioneer knew from the beginning they were going to get a contract being one of the primary companies in New York City. And to think that nothing was done to the buses to reassure safe transportation And a safe workplace for their drivers are matrons. They are probably going to have you sign a waiver relieving Pioneer of any responsibility if you should get sick. A mask, gloves, and a spritz of holy water is all you're getting

Hammer2161

I think it's going to be a miracle that we return to work at all.

As that article states that is one school in a so called city owned building that did not have the ventilation inspected nor was it cleaned. How many others are they lying about. The pressure is mounting from the teachers for the UFT to do something. Let's see what happens.

As far as our safety goes I don't feel anyone should have to retire because our safety is being neglected. But unfortunately it looks like all we are going to get is a mask gloves and possibly cleaning supplies. Although I am not so sure on that.

I had said this months ago and it looks like the time is fast approaching, Drivers and Matrons are now going to have to decide if they are comfortable in this situation the way it is. If not unfortunately we are going to have to decide if we want to retire or put our families and ourselves at risk.

Shitty proposition but It Is What It Is !!!!

LMAO

I think we have other choices other than retire or hope for the best ! This is why we have a union , if it's not safe WE don't leave the yard ,unfortunately I'm hearing crickets from the union on this matter Are safety is NOT the top priority for the city or This company and if we allow this to continue shame on us ! YOU MUST PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY !! Because no one else will ! We will see what the coming days bring . Stay safe

wheresmymoney!

Unfortunately were not hearing from them about anything yet.  Thank god for Buzz!

OMG

I'm just saying, if the DOE is giving out metro cards to middle school hours to get to school, those bus drivers are protected and plexiglass, are they giving the DOE a violation? What if the driver was protected in a plastic curtain, again will the MTA get a violation on the Board of Education? Just a thought.

PROUD MEMBER

Enough with the plexiglass. As I've been saying for months if the BOE believes it's safe for the children to be on the school bus then in my opinion it's safe for me also. From what I've read the most children any of us will probably have on the bus is maybe 14. That's going by alternating seats and including 3 sets of siblings. The only real concern of contracting the virus is that "1 second" when a child reaches the top of the steps and makes the turn towards the back of the bus. Also the child would have to literally cough or sneeze on you at that one second at the top of the steps. And if that happened then you would have to touch your mouth, your nose or your eyes. And even that is a stretch since the child will be wearing a mask and so will you. Furthermore even if we did get plexiglass what do we do about a brother or sister attendant? How are they supposed to work with plexiglass? I am not making light of this virus but there's a big difference in contracting it as a City Bus Driver and a School Bus Driver and the precautions are different. We've been waiting for nearly 6 months to get back to work. We've been hearing for months that thousands of us could possibly lose our jobs entirely. Some of us are paying $1000 to $2000 a month for health coverage. We are currently living on $504 a week (and some less than that). And if we don't go back to work that money will also end. Our pensions are small enough as it is and if we don't return to work it will get smaller.
It appears that we are finally going back to work and who knows for how long and now we're gonna start talking about reasons to not go back. I'm sure all of us in at least the last couple of months have been to the supermarkets, have been to the hardware stores,  have been to the beach, have been to family picnics, etc., etc.. My point is we've used our own precautions and the precautions at these places and survived. So now we keep using our own precautions and the BOE precautions and we should survive. Having said that nothing is ever 100%.

wheresmymoney!

Well said we need our jobs and coverage back asap!

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 10, 2020, 09:29:32 PM
Enough with the plexiglass. As I've been saying for months if the BOE believes it's safe for the children to be on the school bus then in my opinion it's safe for me also. From what I've read the most children any of us will probably have on the bus is maybe 14. That's going by alternating seats and including 3 sets of siblings. The only real concern of contracting the virus is that "1 second" when a child reaches the top of the steps and makes the turn towards the back of the bus. Also the child would have to literally cough or sneeze on you at that one second at the top of the steps. And if that happened then you would have to touch your mouth, your nose or your eyes. And even that is a stretch since the child will be wearing a mask and so will you. Furthermore even if we did get plexiglass what do we do about a brother or sister attendant? How are they supposed to work with plexiglass? I am not making light of this virus but there's a big difference in contracting it as a City Bus Driver and a School Bus Driver and the precautions are different. We've been waiting for nearly 6 months to get back to work. We've been hearing for months that thousands of us could possibly lose our jobs entirely. Some of us are paying $1000 to $2000 a month for health coverage. We are currently living on $504 a week (and some less than that). And if we don't go back to work that money will also end. Our pensions are small enough as it is and if we don't return to work it will get smaller.
It appears that we are finally going back to work and who knows for how long and now we're gonna start talking about reasons to not go back. I'm sure all of us in at least the last couple of months have been to the supermarkets, have been to the hardware stores,  have been to the beach, have been to family picnics, etc., etc.. My point is we've used our own precautions and the precautions at these places and survived. So now we keep using our own precautions and the BOE precautions and we should survive. Having said that nothing is ever 100%.

Well said, back to work we go 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Hammer2161

Why don't we all worry about what makes them the most comfortable pertaining to going back to work. It's easy to be an armchair quarterback when you don't necessarily agree with someone or if by chance you were lucky enough to have somehow not been affected by this damn virus.

I think we would all agree we need to get back to work but it's not that simple for everyone. Some people will have real fears when it comes to returning to work and I think we all need to respect that. May all of us be safe and may god watch over us and help keep us safe. But I will and do respect all concerns with returning to work. Hopefully it will go smoothly but if not I would hope we will all look out for each other if it doesn't.

OMG

Maybe I should post a photo of my cousine on a respirator on his third week.

Hammer2161

OMG I truly do feel for you and I will keep your cousin in my prayers. Not sure there is anything I or anyone else here can do for you. But I am here even if it just to vent.

PROUD MEMBER

There's no need for posting pictures of ur cousin. I feel for you and ur cousin and hope he recovers. Like I said I'm not taking this virus lightly and have had two nephews and one niece that had the virus and thank God have since recovered.  Also I have had 5 friends that have died from the virus. Taking that all into consideration I personally still feel it is safe to return to work and I'm also concerned if we do not return to work now that we will find ourselves out of a job (at least this job) forever. There goes our Union and there goes our Pensions.