Mayor says buses will be ready

Started by yabba, August 04, 2020, 06:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

todays press conference mayors answers question on buses  pretty intresting,,,   26:15 is the time ny post ask question

PROUD MEMBER

Good news
Was there any specifics with regards to General Ed busing?

yabba

nothing specific as to general ed...just limited busing  do to social distant..i think we will see an article in ny post,cause they asked about payment to the companies,and he stated they are negotiating a fair payment being that the buses were not used...he said he would get ny post more info.. he made it sound that they did not shut the door on the companies for the past few months..just coming to a middle ground thats fair to the tax payers..

Hammer2161

The Mayor seems to be saying a lot of things but unfortunately The Governor doesn't appear to be on the same page as of yet. This pissing match needs to come to an end so we can start to move forward. Now with the teachers apparently not looking to go back this is going to get even more frustrating. I know in NJ the Teachers and Parents are seeking an injunction preventing the schools from starting up in September. This is totally out of control.

wheresmymoney!

The teachers should stop getting paid then theyll be running back just like us.  They should be furloughed and lose their benefits

Hammer2161

I totally agree but they seem to have much more power than they should.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 04, 2020, 06:03:44 PM
todays press conference mayors answers question on buses  pretty intresting,,,   26:15 is the time ny post ask question

I couldn't find that video for some reason but I did find the transcript ... here's the part about buses:

"Question: Thanks. On a different topic – do you know when the last time school bus companies were paid? And from a logistics and personnel standpoint, do you believe that bus companies are ready for the planned start of the school year in five weeks?

Mayor: I will get you – our team will get you the details on what's happened with payments. There's been a lot of negotiation because I think an issue that either you or some of your colleagues raised very early on was what's a fair level of payment in light of the fact that the schools weren't open and we've been very rigorous about that fact. We have to watch out for the taxpayers here. But I'm very certain based on the briefings I've gotten that school bus service will be ready up and running. As we talked about yesterday, it will be for fewer kids because we're going to have to distance within those school buses for safety reasons."

For starters, the city could certainly reduce what it owes bus companies by deducting what those companies would have paid out in wages and benefits for May and June. Many millions for sure.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on August 05, 2020, 04:28:21 PM
Quote from: yabba on August 04, 2020, 06:03:44 PM

I couldn't find that video for some reason but I did find the transcript ... here's the part about buses:

"Question: Thanks. On a different topic – do you know when the last time school bus companies were paid? And from a logistics and personnel standpoint, do you believe that bus companies are ready for the planned start of the school year in five weeks?

Mayor: I will get you – our team will get you the details on what's happened with payments. There's been a lot of negotiation because I think an issue that either you or some of your colleagues raised very early on was what's a fair level of payment in light of the fact that the schools weren't open and we've been very rigorous about that fact. We have to watch out for the taxpayers here. But I'm very certain based on the briefings I've gotten that school bus service will be ready up and running. As we talked about yesterday, it will be for fewer kids because we're going to have to distance within those school buses for safety reasons."

For starters, the city could certainly reduce what it owes bus companies by deducting what those companies would have paid out in wages and benefits for May and June. Many millions for sure.

seems like the companies will be getting some sort of money and will no suffer much  lose and we were the weakest link and lost our benefits and pay,and much needed funding into our pension...