pick?

Started by yabba, October 20, 2020, 11:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

any word on when the pick will start

Buzz

Nope, no pick in sight.

There's just no way you could have one the way we always have and be able to "socially distance" to view and pick runs.

I think it's very unlikely we'll see a pick this year unless they figure out a way we could do it online or the virus is behind us.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

I have to agree with Buzz on this one. I doubt there is anyway possible for there to be a pick at any point this year. With all the uncertainties surrounding the virus and schooling itself I would think a pick is the last thing on their minds both at OPT and Pioneer.

LMAO

Nothing else is being followed !!! LET HAVE THE PICK  :sos:

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on October 21, 2020, 10:47:34 PM
Nothing else is being followed !!! LET HAVE THE PICK  :sos:

Hammer2161

Are we FICKLE MUCH ? Less than 2 months ago we weren't even sure we would have jobs to return to. And with the current circumstances surrounding school and the busing of children I doubt any of us are actually killing ourselves. The job is more frustrating than anything else right now.

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD ALL JUST BE GLAD TO BE BACK WORKING. AN ACTUAL PICK WAS THE LAST THING ON MY MIND !!!!
GUESS SOME PEOPLE ARE NEVER HAPPY !

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on October 22, 2020, 11:50:38 AM
Are we FICKLE MUCH ? Less than 2 months ago we weren't even sure we would have jobs to return to. And with the current circumstances surrounding school and the busing of children I doubt any of us are actually killing ourselves. The job is more frustrating than anything else right now.

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD ALL JUST BE GLAD TO BE BACK WORKING. AN ACTUAL PICK WAS THE LAST THING ON MY MIND !!!!
GUESS SOME PEOPLE ARE NEVER HAPPY !

true..but we also have to take into account some guys had changes made to their runs..also a lot of drivers retired and middle of the pack drivers have a better chance of getting a south shore run.... so yes its good to be back but we need to lookout for the whole senority list...

LMAO

Double agent man ( Buzz)the people who don't want a pick are the ones that get back in the yard at 2:00 or just have a morning run  ! STOP THE BULLSHIT   OH WAIT ITS IN THE NAME OF SAFETY  :snicker:  SOUND LIKE DUMOCRATES

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on October 22, 2020, 04:13:53 PM
Double agent man ( Buzz)the people who don't want a pick are the ones that get back in the yard at 2:00 or just have a morning run  ! STOP THE BULLSHIT   OH WAIT ITS IN THE NAME OF SAFETY  :snicker:  SOUND LIKE DUMOCRATES

You're the KING, baby, you're the KING!!  ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on October 22, 2020, 03:57:06 PM
true..but we also have to take into account some guys had changes made to their runs..also a lot of drivers retired and middle of the pack drivers have a better chance of getting a south shore run.... so yes its good to be back but we need to lookout for the whole senority list...

This is true, but how would it be practical to have a pick in the midst of a pandemic? Drivers crawl over each other to look at the runs. How would we do that? By appointment? Let in 4 or 5 at a time?  On what days? At what time? Everybody gets only one look?

If the runs could somehow be viewed online ... as was the case for a brief couple of years preceding 9/11, then it might be possible to pick in a zoom meeting or something. Homeland security had the DOE take the runs off line after 9/11.

It may not be "fair" but to have a pick now is just not feasible. I agree with Hammer ... let's be thankful for paychecks and benefits and not look at the grass on the other side of the fence for a while.

And for LMAO's benefit ... "Double agent man" had a school added to his run, so keep stirring it! YOU.  ARE.   THE.   KING!!! (Love you, brother.)

LMAO

faceit

All lives matter

faceit

And I don't get in at 2 o'clock I get in at 3 o'clock and there's not a spot in the yard
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on October 22, 2020, 05:33:34 PM
And I don't get in at 2 o'clock I get in at 3 o'clock and there's not a spot in the yard

I have been getting in about 2:45. But I can't believe the difference if I'm a little late and come in at 2:50. It seems like 100 buses must come in during those 5 minutes!

Hammer2161

I guess I am middle of the road in seniority and in the time I get back to the yard lol. I know there are several runs available from the people that retired that would be available to pick but with that being said I truly don't think OPT has any interest in entertaining a pick. They have yet to get any changes right concerning the runs now would we seriously want them to start over again lol.

Honestly I feel it's a year where we are going to have to be grateful for working and just accept what it is we are asked to do. Within reason of course lol