Contract Update 12/14

Started by Buzz, December 15, 2018, 12:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Ernie couldn't make yesterday's meeting due to a health issue. However, I spoke to Andy this morning and he says yesterday's negotiations were the most productive yet. The meeting went from 9 to 5 and would have gone longer had not one of the guys from the city have to leave to go to the mayor's office.

Andy did not speak in specifics but did say that the contractors were "there" as far a dollar amounts but they were still at odds as to the timing ... when those amounts would be reached. He did say that getting Easter week back is a definite.

The last big hurdle that will be tackled next week (hopefully) is regarding our contribution to our benefits. We don't want to see raises gobbled up by increased deductions.

In any event, Andy was very upbeat about the progress that was made yesterday. Probably more than in all the other meetings put together. He also added that the city would like to wrap this up next week, but he doesn't see that as very likely. Keep your fingers crossed.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Carlos eveillard

Thats a  very good News for the new people so i guess the new people will get the raise 30 above also the holiday right and the easter ?

Buzz

Quote from: Carlos eveillard on December 15, 2018, 05:49:51 PM
Thats a  very good News for the new people so i guess the new people will get the raise 30 above also the holiday right and the easter ?

As I said, I have no specifics. I can't answer your questions. Sorry.

Carlos eveillard

Not a Problem i was try to get answer for the new people and i get the answer for them next week

yabba

how did yesterday go.... are we having a very merry christmas    :o :o      thanks buzz for all your dedication in getting us updates on talks...   thanks and merry christmas and happy new year... :wave: :wave:

Carlos eveillard

Hey wassup guys any good News fcontract?or the con

Carlos eveillard

Hey wassup guys any good News on the contract?

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on December 15, 2018, 12:43:32 AM

Andy did not speak in specifics .... He did say that getting Easter week back is a definite.

I want to make it clear that Andy did NOT "break" this news. He was merely reiterating what the contractors themselves told us in printed notices and in the emails they sent out weeks ago to all of us. He was just underscoring that Michael would not accept a contract that did not include getting Easter week back. It was already general knowledge and in now way initiated by Andy.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 19, 2018, 03:03:05 PM
how did yesterday go.... are we having a very merry christmas    :o :o      thanks buzz for all your dedication in getting us updates on talks...   thanks and merry christmas and happy new year... :wave: :wave:

Back at ya' yabba. Enjoy.