Salerno: We don't need no stinking EPP

Started by Buzz, May 14, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The image below is a screenshot of Salerno's web page as it appeared on May 6. It has since been changed. Take note of the line that is circled indicating that he doesn't think the EPP is the "solution." It is unbelievable to me that someone running for the office of president of this local does not realize the the EPP is the ONLY solution.

Without the EPP there will be NOTHING else, and at this point in time, nothing else matters more than the EPP. The current executive board has worked for years to keep the EPP and, although we suffered a setback with Bloomberg, the groundwork they have done has set the stage for having it restored. Hopefully this will be on the state level so that no mayor can ever fu#k with it again. I believe Michael is close to seeing his efforts come to fruition and there is nobody who is in a better position to do so.

... Especially when the "nobody" doesn't even think we need it.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Bluebird

This Salerno fool is a joke.Why would he think the epp is important? Especially when he and his brother Paul worked for Millford bus company back in 1979, the strike was on and those two losers CROSSED our picket line.They are the true poster boys for the word SCABS.No one in their right mind would vote for them.And how come we only hear about him when there is an election? How come he wasn't around letting his voice be heard when we were on strike this past year? Because he thinks he is above us all.Sitting in a warm car with the loser brother while we walked in the freezing temps.
This Salerno didn't do one thing to match what our current board has done to help us get back on track from the beating bloomjerk gave us.
The true fact is Michael and the Executive board have worked tirelessly making political friends and political allies getting thousands of members back to work,getting members their NLRB money back and still fighting to maintain the EPP.Ensuring they save the salaries,pensions and medical for members and their families.
Salerno slate keeps saying there is corruption with the Cordiello slate. Why does he lie? Is it because he can't find any fault so he makes shit up?He should tell the truth.When he was delegate he was the corrupt one.He lost the election for Vice President.So he makes lies up and hides his face in shame till another election comes up.And while in hiding never helps any members.Only crawls out when it's time to kiss his ass.And when it's time to cast your vote also remember it was Tom Salerno who approved the 3 red light policy with Tom Mullins under trusteeship.And that is fact. Ask any Atlantic Express Employee.

VOTE CORDIELLO SLATE ALL THE WAY.

Buzz

Quote from: Bluebird on May 15, 2014, 01:24:35 AM
... Especially when he and his brother Paul worked for Millford bus company back in 1979, the strike was on and those two losers CROSSED our picket line.They are the true poster boys for the word SCABS. ...

WOW!! Thanks for that tidbit!! That's something I didn't know and I'll bet they thought was long since forgotten.

... And while in hiding never helps any members.Only crawls out when it's time to kiss his ass.

Yeah, he likes to boast of all the members he "helped" when he was our point man at OPT. The truth is he was such a hot-head they HATED him and often the suspensions people would get would be worse because of his antics. But he put on a good show and some dummies eat that shit up.

... And when it's time to cast your vote also remember it was Tom Salerno who approved the 3 red light policy with Tom Mullins under trusteeship.And that is fact. Ask any Atlantic Express Employee.

Another EXCELLENT point that I'm sure he hopes nobody remembered.

Thanks for your valuable input, Bluebird!

Buzz

And if you think of any more, be sure to post them. Great work!

Bluebird

Look lets face it.The only one on the Salerno Slate that was Shop Steward was Tom.No other candidate  on his slate has any knowledge of anything to do with this union.The only one that held the *label* was Mario Jean who by the way is running for Vice President.Now we ALL know he was Shop Steward for Reliant and we also know what a mess that was. Never again should he try to be a Shop Steward let alone our Vice President.
The whole bunch running on that slate is No experience,No knowledge, No integrity,No morals,ONLY lies,lies,lies!
Also here is a fact all the members should realize. If we didn't strike,mayor bloomjerk and walcott would continue on their road of destruction of this union.It was and is no secret he hates unions.And he worked hard to tear us down.And Michael and the Executive board called him out numerous times and he refused to sit and talk.
The Salernos have no knowledge or experience to clean the mess that bloomjerk made.And when he says that it was Michael who said *you people are lucky you have jobs* FACT is  it was HIM who said that.
He likes to say shit and blame others. Oh and the reason the union is moving is not so members can't go there.It's because the economy,the rent is to high.Real estate is too high. Just ask Tom or his brother Paul about how high since their parents left them a house in Bklyn  worth between  $750.000  to $1,000,000.He certainly isn't hurting for money.
Salerno says the EPP is to follow work and not job security! What a liar.If the EPP returns we are guaranteed to follow work and job security.
I would never vote that fool or his slate in.

Buzz

Quote from: Bluebird on May 15, 2014, 03:41:40 AM
Oh and the reason the union is moving is not so members can't go there.It's because the economy,the rent is to high.Real estate is too high.

Right. I believe the rent they're paying in Valley Stream is 1/5 of what it was on Woodhaven Blvd. And they're not selling the building as Salerno says. Pension and Welfare departments are still there.

Stugots

If you want to bring money into it Cordiello makes 250,000 a year, more than the Mayor of New York.  He makes more than any Union Official in New York City.  I think everyone should be fair and respectful on both sides. Cordiello also signed 27 different contracts.  I guess Tommy was the delegate when he did that??? That was a bad move for this uinion.  I could go on and on.  If you think thats the only way Cordiello can win, it may have the opposite effect.  I dont know whether saying Salerno is not hurting for money has anything to do with this election.  He inherited the house from his Father.  What is he suppose to do give it away. Cordiello certainly isn't hurting for money either.    I for one have seen this before.    Lets talk about the issues and stop with negative campaigning.         

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 15, 2014, 04:44:12 PM
     Lets talk about the issues and stop with negative campaigning.       

Yes, let's talk about the issue ... not issues. The issue is the EPP. That is the ONLY issue at this point, but a non-issue for your boy, which is totally ludicrous on his part.

And you want to talk about negative campaigning? Salerno would have no campaign if it were not for criticizing everything the current EB has done. That is the extent of his campaign ... ABC ... "Anybody But Cordiello" and "Elect me." Sorry, that's not good enough.

What is he planning to do? EXACTLY how does he plan to do it? Does he have anything constructive to say? You supporters of his make me laugh. Can you expound on even ONE thing he intends to do?

Bluebird

Listen I only went there because Salerno says Micheal is moving the union so he could pocket the rest of the money.And I heard that first hand so I didn't bring money into it. He DID.
He also doesn't think we need EPP. Sorry but I think we do! And that my friend is the issue.

Stugots

I'm trying to make a point.  The EPP is the only thing, but that's not up to Cordiello or Salerno.  There are things being said that are below the belt on both sides.  It doesn't make any of us look good.   We are all in this together.  There are plenty of things that can be said of both candidates that are negative.  The more you bring this shit up the more the other side retaliates and on and on.             

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 16, 2014, 02:57:10 PM
I'm trying to make a point.  The EPP is the only thing, but that's not up to Cordiello or Salerno.           

Sorry, but the EPP is up to Cordiello & Comapany and they have been working for YEARS to make it happen. There is no way anybody else can take credit for that.

Stugots

Why are you so defensive.  Listen, your boy lost the EPP for 3,200 members as of June 2014.  Maybe there working for years on how to lose it.  Listen, Cordiello doesn't have the charisma and communication skills that other Presidents have had.  Maybe he should hire a spokesman for himself before he gets in front of the news cameras.   What happened to  the 3 months medical that we were suppose to get when we were on strike.  I could go on and on but I dont want to do that. 

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 16, 2014, 05:09:19 PM
... Listen, your boy lost the EPP for 3,200 members as of June 2014  ...

Come on, Stugots. How can you possibly blame anybody but Bloomberg for putting out that work without the EPP? Are you so one sided that you can't even admit that? How can you expect to be taken seriously when you make a totally irrational post like that?

Look, you have a hard-on for Michael, you've been against him in every election, you're Tommy's friend and you're loyal to him. Fine. We get that. Doesn't mean you should be completely UNFAIR to the opponent.

On a separate note, thanks for your comment on Salerno's site defending my fairness about posting here. (Although you replied under the wrong post, I know you were responding to the "Puppet" post.) I get criticized for allowing dissenting opinions here but I believe in keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. Besides, it's the only way we get to refute the lies and bullshit in an open forum. Anyway, your comment there showed that you do have an appreciation for fairness, please make that evident in your comments about Cordiello as well. (And I'm surprised Salerno hasn't deleted your pro-Buzz post there ... but don't worry ... I've got the screen-shot ... LOL)

Stugots

Listen Buzz, I should be taken seriously.  I have a point.  I know Bloomberg took away the EPP,  I'm not stupid.  Cordiello has to take responsibility for not stopping Bloomberg after he came after us.  The strike was a disaster, the press conferences were handled terribly.  I don't think we would be in the same situation if we had a different President.  We didn't get any press coverage.  It was Cordiello's job was to get us out of this situation.  He wasn't a leader and believe me Buzz, there are a lot of people in Pioneer who feel the same way, but are scared to say anything.  He had no game plan. He gave the city two weeks to prepare for the strike.  I know its cruel but you have to be tough.  You have to let them know you mean business.  You have to cripple them.  I just think your boy's time is up.  p.s. while on strike, a week before we were suppose to get unemployment, he puts us back to work.  Do u get it.  In 1979 the strike lasted 14 weeks.  Don't you think that was hard.  That was strong leadership.     

Just_Right

I will say that Cordiello does not have charisma for tv and communication skills may be lacking in some areas. Not Everyone can be speaker of the house. Or look handsome on tv. But I will say this Cordiello knows his shit as far as running a union.He knows how to speak with the politicians .(Excluding bloomie,not even bloomies mother could reason with him) Cordiello knows how to speak for the union and get our NLRB money back. He didn't ruin the union single handed.Bloomie took this to task and ruined us.

And in 1979 when we went out on strike we had honorable people backing us. Today you have less than honorable and *couldn't give a shit* guys whop don't listen to the SS's or you got guys who don't go to meetings but cry we want a meeting.Back then we had a strong union because WE made it strong. The guys in the suits are the mouth pieces. But the guys in the street are the ones who make this union.Without us there is no President or Executive board. But see,the guys today run home and don't care.Then when things don't go their way they cry.
And press coverage????? Bloomie owned every station airing our strike and cut us off. I was there with 3 different channels took pictures and interviews and never seen one interview on air.

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 16, 2014, 11:34:20 PM
Listen Buzz, I should be taken seriously.  I have a point.  I know Bloomberg took away the EPP,  I'm not stupid.  Cordiello has to take responsibility for not stopping Bloomberg after he came after us.  The strike was a disaster, the press conferences were handled terribly.  I don't think we would be in the same situation if we had a different President.  We didn't get any press coverage.  It was Cordiello's job was to get us out of this situation.  He wasn't a leader and believe me Buzz, there are a lot of people in Pioneer who feel the same way, but are scared to say anything.  He had no game plan. He gave the city two weeks to prepare for the strike.  I know its cruel but you have to be tough.  You have to let them know you mean business.  You have to cripple them.  I just think your boy's time is up.  p.s. while on strike, a week before we were suppose to get unemployment, he puts us back to work.  Do u get it.  In 1979 the strike lasted 14 weeks.  Don't you think that was hard.  That was strong leadership.   

We HAD a different president. A damn good one! Your candidate was one of the ones who wanted to "clean up" the union. Well, they succeeded. The "boys" were our strength. That's gone now, forever. You got what you wanted and you're still complaining.

Look, you were against Michael in the past 2 elections and that was way before the strike. What was your problem then? Simply that Cordiello was there, period.

Bloomberg wasn't mayor in '79. There would have been no sense in staying out any longer. Bloomy would have let us stay out long enough to be replaced.

This election is NOT about the strike or anything else. It is about the EPP ... and you know damn well that Michael made the connections to get it done. Your boy would have to start all over again and doesn't even think it's necessary. You'd have to be a fool to think we can gain back anything without it ... and to support anybody of that mindset is just ABC thinking ... Anybody But Cordiello.