Salerno: We don't need no stinking EPP

Started by Buzz, May 14, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 16, 2014, 11:34:20 PM
Listen Buzz, I should be taken seriously.  I have a point.  I know Bloomberg took away the EPP,  I'm not stupid.  Cordiello has to take responsibility for not stopping Bloomberg after he came after us.  The strike was a disaster, the press conferences were handled terribly.  I don't think we would be in the same situation if we had a different President.  We didn't get any press coverage.  It was Cordiello's job was to get us out of this situation.  He wasn't a leader and believe me Buzz, there are a lot of people in Pioneer who feel the same way, but are scared to say anything.  He had no game plan. He gave the city two weeks to prepare for the strike.  I know its cruel but you have to be tough.  You have to let them know you mean business.  You have to cripple them.  I just think your boy's time is up.  p.s. while on strike, a week before we were suppose to get unemployment, he puts us back to work.  Do u get it.  In 1979 the strike lasted 14 weeks.  Don't you think that was hard.  That was strong leadership.   

We HAD a different president. A damn good one! Your candidate was one of the ones who wanted to "clean up" the union. Well, they succeeded. The "boys" were our strength. That's gone now, forever. You got what you wanted and you're still complaining.

Look, you were against Michael in the past 2 elections and that was way before the strike. What was your problem then? Simply that Cordiello was there, period.

Bloomberg wasn't mayor in '79. There would have been no sense in staying out any longer. Bloomy would have let us stay out long enough to be replaced.

This election is NOT about the strike or anything else. It is about the EPP ... and you know damn well that Michael made the connections to get it done. Your boy would have to start all over again and doesn't even think it's necessary. You'd have to be a fool to think we can gain back anything without it ... and to support anybody of that mindset is just ABC thinking ... Anybody But Cordiello.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.