POLL: Return to Work vs. Summer Accrual

Started by Buzz, July 03, 2020, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whenever schools starts in the fall, if we have not received our summer accrual prior to that date, would you:

Be willing to go on STRIKE
14 (66.7%)
Go to work anyway
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

PROUD MEMBER

I would assume that if NYS "mandates"  a 14 day quarantine that it would depend on what New York State also mandates or doesn't as far as someone getting paid and/or what our Union agrees to with the contractors. I myself believe that if you do not get full pay then you should get workers compensation because it happened on the job. Again that all depends if or if not the Union makes any agreements (not proposals) with the contractors specifically pertaining to this matter.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 10, 2020, 03:08:48 PM
I would assume that if NYS "mandates"  a 14 day quarantine that it would depend on what New York State also mandates or doesn't as far as someone getting paid and/or what our Union agrees to with the contractors. I myself believe that if you do not get full pay then you should get workers compensation because it happened on the job. Again that all depends if or if not the Union makes any agreements (not proposals) with the contractors specifically pertaining to this matter.

Problem is, there is no way to prove that you contracted the virus on the job.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

It has nothing to do whether you have COVID-19 or not and if you do have it if you contracted it on the bus. If a child on your bus comes up positive then according to the state and depending on our union's agreement with the contractors if you have to quarantine for 14 days then it's something that happened on the job and you should get Worker's Compensation at the least.

Peter

Thanks.  Apparently my post wasn't clear enough.   

I love Lutefisk.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 10, 2020, 05:15:44 PM
It has nothing to do whether you have COVID-19 or not and if you do have it if you contracted it on the bus. If a child on your bus comes up positive then according to the state and depending on our union's agreement with the contractors if you have to quarantine for 14 days then it's something that happened on the job and you should get Worker's Compensation at the least.

OK, I see what you and Uncle OhNee are saying. Yes, if a kid on your bus is positive, then yes, you're supposed to quarantine.

Before school was closed, if you recall, a driver was told to quarantine because he was in contact with his son who was infected. As far as I know, he received regular pay. Whether this set a precedent remains to be seen.

Buzz

Quote from: Uncle OhNee on July 10, 2020, 05:54:33 PM
Thanks.  Apparently my post wasn't clear enough.

It was ... just read through it too fast the first time.