UPDATE

Started by Ernie, May 04, 2020, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Anyone trying to get state insurance..When you file your application and the question comes up ' WHAT IS YOUR WEEKLY SALARY.'? You are ONLY going to file the amount of your unemployment pay.. DO Not include the $600.00 a week extended benefit. There are four separate plans with approximately 14 different insurance companies that can pick you up depending on the plan you choose. I am getting calls from some members who think they are NOT eligible due to what they made last year. That is absolutely not true.

There is a PEP meeting on Thursday this week, which at this time we are still not on their agenda as of yet. What are we doing about it??.. Our political friends are trying to ensure we are heard. Some people may not be aware but We have been in close contact with Mike Reilly State Assembly, Max Rose State Senator, Diane Savino  State Senator also have calls put into Andrew Lanza  State Senator office as well. In addition to John Solazzo who has close ties to the Mayor.
We made a request for emergency funding for our medical benefits. We have suggested giving up our 85% and staying on unemployment insurance if we could keep our medical benefits. Just know that we have made this request... Whether or not anyone listens remains to be seen,

Let me be clear so all understand that your Union President and Delegates are doing everything in their power to get this done.

Thank you and I will be in touch with any new information I receive.
Please stay safe you and your family

Thank you all ...Ernie

hideout

Thanks Ernie for keeping us updated it is much appreciated. Thank you also for fighting for our union Pioneer family and members everywhere. Stay safe you and your family.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

God bless this mess

OMG

Yup, and a mess it is! I'd like to keep both the 85% and the medical benefits. If Neil gets his extension why wouldn't we?. The way I see it if anyone can retire you should retire, and you'll retire with medical benefits. That's if you can afford to of course.

driver

If  lots of people retire..what happens to our union?? Will there be a union? If school doesnt open in September what happens to us? It's crazy the MTA can transport people.(make sure u wear your mask)

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on May 04, 2020, 09:35:40 PM
Yup, and a mess it is! I'd like to keep both the 85% and the medical benefits. If Neil gets his extension why wouldn't we?. The way I see it if anyone can retire you should retire, and you'll retire with medical benefits. That's if you can afford to of course.

If they pay Neil, he will pay us. What Ernie is saying is, if that fails, let the city agree at least to give him enough to pay our medical and we would get unemployment.

Buzz

Quote from: driver on May 04, 2020, 10:30:49 PM
If  lots of people retire..what happens to our union?? Will there be a union? If school doesnt open in September what happens to us? It's crazy the MTA can transport people.(make sure u wear your mask)

I don't even want to think about what will happen if school doesn't open in September. If the city resumes and continues to pay Neil, we'll be okay. If not, we're all screwed because the $600 additional from the feds won't be there for unemployment after July 31.

Let's get past this hurdle first. We don't know what's happening one day to the next let alone one month to the next. If we start thinking about everything that could happen, I'm afraid there might be a rash of jumpers on the Verrazano.

Ernie

AN UPDATE TO THURSDAY MEETING

The PEP agenda has once again changed and has removed the vote to pay the contractors for the month of April. I will get back to you all when I know more.

Ernie.

OMG

So things went from bad to worse?

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on May 05, 2020, 06:15:41 AM
So things went from bad to worse?

I don't know. There are 2 possibilities. Either "somebody" doesn't want it approved .... OR ... "somebody" doesn't want it voted down.

Eucerin

why the on again off again posture for the city? what do they gain by refusing to add to a discussion much less a vote?

hognol

Quote from: Ernie on May 05, 2020, 04:47:35 AM
AN UPDATE TO THURSDAY MEETING

The PEP agenda has once again changed and has removed the vote to pay the contractors for the month of April. I will get back to you all when I know more.

Ernie.
Did you mean to type May instead of April?

Buzz

No ... he meant April ... they still haven't paid even though we were paid.

JUDET8949

THAT  $600 IS ACTUALLY $525  GOT MINE TODAY.