What's Happening

Started by Andrewcappa, July 31, 2013, 02:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewcappa

Hi from the world of the Unknown, a little bit of information on just what's going on with our current situation. I, along with Ernie have been going to the NLRB and getting interviewed by their attorneys. We actually went to the NLRB in Brooklyn on 4 different occasions, regarding the up coming hearings.  On 7/22/13 the NLRB hearings began. These hearings are being held at the NLRB Office, 120 West 45th. St. NYC. on the 14th Floor. These hearings are opened to the public if anyone is interested in attending. During that week, members of our union were called to the witness stand to testify. Among the people testifying were our President, our lead attorney, and myself, among other union members and officials. These hearings went on for five days.

This week they resumed on Monday 7/29/13, among those that will be testifying are various owners of the bus companies that are involved in the complaint, our owner included, and various Union officials, such as, the Vice President, delegates, and other union members. How long will these hearings last is anyone's guess. Know, this is important, when a ruling finally is reached, it's like this, if the ruling is in our favor, it doesn't mean that you would automatically  get what is coming to you, the judge can rule that the owners and the union have to go back to the table with no mention of any monies owed to the employee, or the Judge can rule that the owners and the union go back to the table and the owners have to give the employees all or some of the monies owed to them. Know after hearing all that, guess what, the owners have the right to appeal the decision 2 more times, so it looks like this NLRB CIRCUS, IS GOING TO GO ON QUITE A WHILE.

Know on the other hand, the union has filed an injunction in Federal Court on the same issues that we are in the NLRB with (unfair labor practice), this is a little different, because if a Judge in the Federal court rules in our favor, the owners must obey the ruling. Now that Judge can also rule a couple of different ways. Also the word is that the Federal Court Judge would like to rule on this issue before we go back to work.

John Eadicicco

Thanks for the update Andrew!

Eucerin

Andy thanks for the info I guess we have to dig in a little harder and wait it out

yabba

thanks andy for the update..i know we can count on you and ernie for the truth..i lost all faith in 1181 and i do understand its a court process and yes definetly a circus,it just amazes me how you and ernie can find the time to update us,but meanwhile the ones making over a half million dollars for a 3 year term can not.....again i respect and appreciate ernie and yourself...

mirrorcheck

Andrew thanks to yourself and Ernie for your dedicated effort.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

sbdriver1

Thanks for the Info, this is coming from an Atlantic Express driver who is part of 1181. we get more info from Pioneer then we do from our own company. thanks again.

terminator

THANK YOU ANDY AND ERNIE!!!