Pioneer's Email

Started by Eucerin, April 30, 2020, 10:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

In case you did not receive: copied & paste

April 30, 2020
Dear All Pioneer Transportation Drivers and Attendants, 

As you know, until now we have been able to provide you with a fair wage and maintain your benefit package during the COVID-19 school shutdown.  Unfortunately, the Department of Education has informed us that it will not pay us COVID-19 School Closing Pay for the months of May and June. 

Accordingly, you are hereby furloughed effective as of April 30, 2020 until the Department of Education requires and pays for our service.  You should apply for unemployment insurance benefits here https://www.ny.gov/services/get-unemployment-assistance.

Similarly, you will no longer be entitled to employer-provided medical benefits, or pension contributions, after April 30, 2020.  You will receive a notice directly from the Welfare Fund with information on how to elect COBRA continuation medical coverage.

Very truly yours,
Pioneer Transportation Management

wheresmymoney!

when will get the notice about COBRA?

steady

Attention Eucerin:  Please notify Empire blue cross & shield that the coverage is cancelled.  They have no knowledge of it. I need a letter of cancellation in order to switch and adjust coverage.  This can't be done without a letter of cancellation

Buzz

Quote from: steady on April 30, 2020, 11:05:16 PM
Attention Eucerin:  Please notify Empire blue cross & shield that the coverage is cancelled.  They have no knowledge of it. I need a letter of cancellation in order to switch and adjust coverage.  This can't be done without a letter of cancellation

Won't the letter of furlough suffice? It says when coverage will end.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

steady

No.  I suggested that as well.  They have rules and the rule is a letter of termination from blue cross/shield.  She told me yesterday that they were going to research it.  She put me on a list to be notified with a letter of termination, they will email and send me a letter.

OMG

I also need that letter of cancellation, I can't switch , I've been told

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on May 01, 2020, 10:02:37 PM
I also need that letter of cancellation, I can't switch , I've been told

Call the fund number 718-845-5800 (NOT 5600) and tell them what you need.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

this is an absolute shit show - under the bus we go.  its like a bad dream!  that letter is enough it says medical benefits are terminated so that's good enough if you're looking for new benefits.

OMG

It depends on what you're doing, in my case I need an official letter of cancellation.