The Wash is Open, BUT ...

Started by Buzz, March 11, 2015, 01:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The wash is open, but don't be surprised if it's blocked by a bus having its engine steam-cleaned.

Why such buses can't be positioned so as to leave the wash accessible shall remain a mystery for all eternity.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

It also helps if there is soap!

Eucerin

leave your headlights on as you go through...you have the same chance of getting hot wax along with the soap

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 11, 2015, 01:55:13 PM
It also helps if there is soap!

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa!!! Now you're asking for a miracle!!!

gigi11744

because machanics first thats why

PROUD MEMBER

One time I asked if I could use the power washer on my bus. I was told no. Today & yesterday I see the same mechanic power washing his personal car. All you can do is shake your head!

Buzz

mirrorcheck

You won't ever see soap there that requires money.  :bomb: cheap!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

I just went through the so-called bus wash! What a joke. Also what does it take to take the ice out of the bucket, fill it with water, add some soap and put the brush in it? I'll tell you what it takes. It takes some one with authority to tell one of the mechanics to do it. After that it takes about 5 minutes. Then maybe the 400 buses that come back can actually leave the yard clean!

4real

why does the shop feel like they work for a different company, and refuse to work with us... never understood that... do they realize without us drivers they dont need you mechanics!!!!!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

Ever since the strike they basically do work for a "Different Owner". And God forbid Pioneer was to shut down then you would see it for sure. Because it would just be a matter of time before it reopened with the majority of the current Drivers & Matrons out of work and ALL of the Mechanics rehired.

mirrorcheck

Proud member the more people are seperated into different  groups the less unity and in favor of the one who is in power trying to control. Just like a political  party, divide and conquer.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Air_Brakes

Some of the mechanics are nice guys.  Some (Mohawk) treat us like crap. Rumor has it he tried to get mechanics to cross picket line.  Any truth?  Why when you need to get something fixed do they basically walk away from you unless you grease their palm.  Remember when the window was uncovered in the defect room.  You had to see Steve.  That lasted about a month....window covered.  Glorified gas station attendants.

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on March 12, 2015, 10:12:04 PM
Some (Mohawk) treat us like crap. Rumor has it he tried to get mechanics to cross picket line.  Any truth? 

I won't point a finger at who the leader was, but virtually all of them (I know of only 2 exceptions) were ready to cross the picket line until Ernie (via speakerphone) blasted them out of Neil's office. (Of course the newer guys weren't here at the time.)

The particular guy you mention started under the previous shop manager, (who was by the way, a union guy), who actually used to tell shop workers "The driver is the enemy!" Apparently this guy still operates from that mindset.

Quote from: Air_Brakes on March 12, 2015, 10:12:04 PM
Why when you need to get something fixed do they basically walk away from you unless you grease their palm. 

You can thank the drivers who engage in this practice for that. It should be PROHIBITED, the only exception being if you wanted to do something at Christmas.