ATU Phone Town Hall with Shillary

Started by Buzz, December 03, 2015, 06:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Did you get the e-mail? (They also told us to vote for Obama.)

Hillary Clinton to Talk Live with Members at Next ATU Telephone Town Hall, Dec. 7

If we don't have your phone number, we can't call,
email your phone number to ATU today!
As part of our effort to continue to inform our members about the 2016 U.S. presidential candidates and give every member a voice in the ATU presidential endorsement process we will be holding a Live Telephone Town Hall with Hillary Clinton for ATU members only on Monday evening December 7.

Since we may not have the best phone number to reach you and want to ensure you have an opportunity to be on the call to hear the views of Hillary Clinton directly, we ask that you email your phone number, name, and Local to droscow@atu.org in the ATU Communications Department.

Monday Evening, December 7
To participate on this Telephone Town Hall you will just answer your phone on December 7.

We already conducted a Live Telephone Town Hall with Senator Bernie Sanders and our members that many of you probably participated in and we will continue to work with other campaigns to schedule calls.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

There is no way I'm voting for Hillary.  I'm proud to say I did not vote for this current clown who 1181 told us to vote for, he did nothing for us and neither will Hillary.

Buzz

Not only did he do nothing for us, he did plenty to hurt us!!!

WakeUp123

Buzz, are you referring to DiBlasio? I can remember you and others when the strike was ended saying DiBlasio was going to do the right thing. The union got the nod all we have to do is vote for him.

Buzz

Quote from: WakeUp123 on December 17, 2015, 01:58:22 AM
Buzz, are you referring to DiBlasio? I can remember you and others when the strike was ended saying DiBlasio was going to do the right thing. The union got the nod all we have to do is vote for him.

No, referring to Obama.

DiBlasio is trying to help us. Unfortunately he and Cuomo do not play nicely together. Still, our delegate Vinny says they feel they have a good chance of getting it passed in Albany. They haven't given up that fight.

WakeUp123

Wait a minute didn't the union endorse and $upport Cuomo also?  and if DiBlasio is so much for us how come the union keeps telling us that they have to continually go to meetings with the city and the only thing that is agreed is they'll have more meetings? On the other hand I keep hearing the union and the "CITY" are in talks but the "STATE" needs to pass the law and the Governor needs to sign it. What's it been now almost 3 years? Why isn't the union in talks with the state politicians? Is it because the DiBlasio refuses to grant the " home rule" exception?

Buzz

The union is constantly talking to and lobbying Albany and we would be much better off getting this done at the state level (i.e., "Law").  DeBlasio realizes that and is doing what he can to get that accomplished.

WakeUp123

Like what?  all we keep hearing is that they are in talks ,things are moving forward ,we might be close who knows ,we'll have to wait, maybe next year, etc, etc. For Chris sakes how many times do you have to get kicked in the nads before u realize it hurts?

Buzz

Relax. Whenever we get whatever we're getting it will be retroactive to the end of the last contract. Let him take all the time he wants. In the meanwhile, we're working, we're getting paid and getting anything else that is due us.

WakeUp123

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2015, 10:30:52 PM
Relax. Whenever we get whatever we're getting it will be retroactive to the end of the last contract. Let him take all the time he wants. In the meanwhile, we're working, we're getting paid and getting anything else that is due us.

OMG, THATS THE EXACT ATTITUDE THE STATE, CITY AND NEIL IS BANKING ON.

PROUD MEMBER

I'd be careful with that word "retroactive." I'd assume that is true unless in the negotiations it is stated and agreed upon that whatever is signed is from that day forward. Considering what we've been through in the last 6 years or so I would not be surprised if I am correct (but staying positive that I'm not).

WakeUp123

Retroactive yeah LOL you cannot even get this guy to put soap at the bus wash and you expect him to fork overb the thousands of thousands of dollars in retroactive pay.