There are TWO gates

Started by Buzz, December 09, 2015, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The line to get out of the [A.K.] yard this morning at about 6:25 was wrapped around to the back of the yard. It's a familiar scene. Every time I ask myself why drivers won't use the OTHER gate as well? Buses coming from Sharrotts for fuel or service almost always use the main gate. Why won't people use the OTHER gate to leave? ? ? If a vehicle does happen to be coming in, stop and let it in. If I'm missing something here, please tell me. Otherwise I see nothing that prevents us from using the second gate to facilitate egress from the yard.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

i think to myself the same thing all the time...why is there 2 gates...

Golfnut

WakeUp123

I remember a few occasions when Owen broadcasted on the radio about the prohibition of using the second gate especially in the morning because of the visibility issue. Which kinda makes sense and believe me I'm not one to compliment Owen but he was dead right on this safety issue. If your finding it a delay in getting out in the morning the correct and safe way maybe you should leave a little earlier instead of complaining. Why would anybody risk an accident to save a few minutes. Now the issue of gas. Gas up your bus the night before!

Buzz

Quote from: WakeUp123 on December 18, 2015, 01:22:01 AM
I remember a few occasions when Owen broadcasted on the radio about the prohibition of using the second gate especially in the morning because of the visibility issue. Which kinda makes sense and believe me I'm not one to compliment Owen but he was dead right on this safety issue. If your finding it a delay in getting out in the morning the correct and safe way maybe you should leave a little earlier instead of complaining. Why would anybody risk an accident to save a few minutes. Now the issue of gas. Gas up your bus the night before!

Not doubting you, but I, personally, have never heard such an announcement. (Exactly what is the "visibility issue"?)

WakeUp123

Buzz, come on now you have been here long enough to know for yourself the "visibility" issue when using the gate on the right side of that shed when coming out of the yard, not to mention the drivers walking into the yard use this side so they do not get run over by busses in the dark.

As for the announcement I remember and I'm sure many who read these posts can confirm hearing the Sam announcement made approximately 2 years ago after a near collision between a bus and after going down AKR. After all Owen makes all kinds of " KNEE JERK"  decisions especially when they are "CYA" issues. There were even times when the gate was closed.

Buzz

I said I wasn't doubting you, just that I never heard such an announcement myself. However, if it were really "forbidden" I'm sure there would be a sign to that effect ... like there is for everything else.

PROUD MEMBER

I agree with Buzz. I never recall any anouncement by Owen or anyone about not using that gate. Furthermore as Buzz stated there would definitely be a sign on the gate and also at one point there would have been something posted on the window in the driver's room for at least 3 consecutive days stating do not use that gate. I personally use that gate probably 2 days a week in the morning for just the reason ur saying not to. Safety. Instead of being on a line to get out of the yard which on some days can cause all kinds of chaos I simply use the other gate. As far as visibility and people walking into the yard in my opinion that's pushing it. Visibility, pedestrians, hazards, etc. are all part of everyday driving and specifically for us none of the above should affect us. Professional CDL Drivers. PS I'd assume the shuttle bus uses that gate In & Out of the yard every morning about 40 times if not more.

WakeUp123

Until something happens then it's you who is held LIABLE. REMEMBER CRIMINALLY AND CIVILY all to save a few minutes. Typical.

Buzz

Quote from: WakeUp123 on December 19, 2015, 01:46:18 PM
Until something happens then it's you who is held LIABLE. REMEMBER CRIMINALLY AND CIVILY all to save a few minutes. Typical.

You have officially become this message board's troll!  :wave:   :wave:   :wave:

WakeUp123

Buzz, not for nothing but why is it whenever you disagree with someone on this site be it about the job, union or Owen & Neil whom you defend at all costs you hang a cheap label on them as if you were exposing and fighting injustice ?

Buzz

Quote from: WakeUp123 on December 21, 2015, 01:33:31 AM
Buzz, not for nothing but why is it whenever you disagree with someone on this site be it about the job, union or Owen & Neil whom you defend at all costs you hang a cheap label on them as if you were exposing and fighting injustice ?

It's become very obvious that you're just stirring shit to get a reaction, so I gave you one.

WakeUp123

It's become very obvious that you're just stirring shit to get a reaction, so I gave you one.
[/quote]

This place needs a 'SHIT STIRRER" and at least I don't play both ends from the middle.

Buzz is it true that Neil was going to make you the general manager but Owen out flanked you in the office? I can remember you bragging about that one. How's that for what you call ' SHIT STIRRING"

Buzz

Have your fun ... and a Merry Christmas!

WakeUp123

Thats the difference and the problem, you call voicing legitimate complaints FUN I call it reality.