They cancel re-opening on sept 21

Started by WigWag, September 17, 2020, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag

PROUD MEMBER

According to what I heard middle school and high school is delayed until October 1. Some grades, I think will be starting on the 21st and some on the 29th.

PROUD MEMBER

This mayor is a complete imbecile. He still talking about laying off 22,000 city employees in October because of the budget yet today he states that he was going to hire 2500 more school teachers.

WigWag

3-K, Pre-K, District 75 -Sept 21
K-5 & K-8- Sept 29
Middle and High School -Oct 1

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 17, 2020, 04:51:40 PM
This mayor is a complete imbecile. He still talking about laying off 22,000 city employees in October because of the budget yet today he states that he was going to hire 2500 more school teachers.

3k, prek, d75 start the 9/21
K-5, k-8 the 9/29
JHS, HS the 10/1

How the fuck does this make any sense !!!!

We gotta find out for those who don't have those on the 21st do we still drive Jewish and catholic schools? And I bet the company won't pay the drivers working on the 21st and gotta collect unemployment again

LMR

Sept.21-3K,Pre K,and all District 75 Schools ——— September 29.K5,K-8th Grade.             October 1.—Middle,High School,Secondary School,and Transfer/Adult Education .

WigWag16

I was just told no service for anyone unless you fall under the 21st category....back to the unemployment line we go

WigWag

They should keep us at 85% pay till then or am I just whistling "Dixie" out of my ass?

WigWag16

Quote from: WigWag on September 17, 2020, 05:16:09 PM
They should keep us at 85% pay till then or am I just whistling "Dixie" out of my ass?
[/quote
Def whistling lmaooo.....I'm tired of us getting punished for no reason

yabba

we should be 100%   we trained we are ready to go    ....how can we be laid off for another week after being put back on...`we need to stand up now...

wheresmymoney!

Well I hope someone let's us know what to do.  I hope not back to unemployment!

WigWag16

Quote from: yabba on September 17, 2020, 05:23:43 PM
we should be 100%   we trained we are ready to go    ....how can we be laid off for another week after being put back on...`we need to stand up now...

Nah I bet it's gonna be some 85 percent nonsense or back to unemployment till the 29th

faceit

This is when you need a union with some leader ship and some balls to stand up for you so unfortunately we are in trouble
All lives matter

OMG

In defense of the union, I think they're getting this news at the same rate we are. So Deblasio thinks he can fix whatever issues need to be fixed in one week?

faceit

I'm not saying they knew!! I'm saying it's time to protect the members some of us are on the verge of losing our homes...
All lives matter

OMG

I know, I hear you. You're preaching to the choir. But I think that Union found out about this the same time we did. I honestly believe will be at 85% until we go back. Don't quote me on that I could be wrong

PROUD MEMBER

I'm waiting until tomorrow and I'm going to call Pioneer and ask them if I should come in on Monday or not. According to the mayor district 75 schools will open this Monday, September 21. Will they have busing is another question and if they do then here we go back to what we were talking about last week who works the people who have that run or the senior members. Then the guarantee week thing also comes in to play and also is it possible that some members will be working and getting paid and then other members will only be getting unemployment?

PROUD MEMBER

Furthermore my OPINION is no matter what we should all get paid. Reason being is that Neil and other companies are paying us for this week which leads me to believe that they got paid for the month.

WigWag16

At the end of the day yet again this ain't our fault the company should pay us but i bet they throw us back on unemployment

Buzz

To those of you bashing the union: IF we're laid off again, what would you like the union to do? Go on strike? If we're already laid off? How does that work?

No, seriously ... what do you want the union to do???

STOP BLAMING THE UNION FOR THINGS OVER WHICH THEY HAVE NO CONTROL!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

What I think the Union should do, for the people who aren't working until the 29th to get them 85% of their pay, I think it's only fair. For those who are fortunate enough to go to work on Monday get full pay. Because I believe Neil got a contract.

Hammer2161

As of right now from what I was just told nothing is official concerning busing and we should receive a call from pioneer. Good luck with that !!!!

OMG

I had a feeling something may go wrong. So when I filed unemployment last Sunday when asked if I returned to work I clicked "NO". So this Sunday I'll state I worked 5 days and click "NO" again. Fucking shame!

PROUD MEMBER

I disagree with the 85%. Even if only one bus goes out next week and that Driver and Matron get paid 100% then every employee should get 100%. At least the employees under the old contract and I hope he would do the same for the employees under the new contract.

yabba

Quote from: OMG on September 17, 2020, 08:22:37 PM
I had a feeling something may go wrong. So when I filed unemployment last Sunday when asked if I returned to work I clicked "NO". So this Sunday I'll state I worked 5 days and click "NO" again. Fucking shame!

no reason to do anything this sunday....  you  dont have to notify them you worked this week... 

OMG

Well, I've been doing this unemployment thing a few decades, it's the safest way to do it

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 17, 2020, 08:32:32 PM
Well, I've been doing this unemployment thing a few decades, it's the safest way to do it

Do what you want, but yabba is right, you don't have to do anything.

faceit

Quote from: Buzz on September 17, 2020, 06:57:08 PM

To those of you bashing the union: IF we're laid off again, what would you like the union to do? Go on strike? If we're already laid off? How does that work?

No one's bashing anybody all I'm saying is it's time to start making some noise like the UFT is doing for the teachers let's protect our members let them know we are hurting put it out there
All lives matter

yabba

Quote from: OMG on September 17, 2020, 08:32:32 PM

got you ..if its working dont mess it up now,espicially the mess it turned into ... :thumbup: :thumbup:

yabba

Quote from: faceit on September 17, 2020, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: Buzz on September 17, 2020, 06:57:08 PM

No one's bashing anybody all I'm saying is it's time to start making some noise like the UFT is doing for the teachers let's protect our members let them know we are hurting put it out there

i agree with you...not bashing anyone.. i think we can stand with Ernie and let us be heard...we dont have to strike or threaten but we can make noise .... and yes Ernie cause that is all we can count on...

OMG

You guys may be right. But is okay to panic about our futures ? 

Buzz

There are high-level meetings going on right now ... and have been since the mayor's announcement this morning ... about how and if those of us not working will get paid.

The union is ALWAYS "making noise," as someone put it, on our behalf and this latest wrinkle is no exception. And be assured, they hear all of us loud and clear.

Let you know as soon as I her anything ... can't guarantee it will be today, though.

rc1790

Buzz, are the Catholic schools getting bus service?

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 17, 2020, 09:24:50 PM
Buzz, are the Catholic schools getting bus service?

Although somebody already posted on Facebook that they are, I just spoke to Andy and he said it's not official yet. Let you know.

OMG

yabba

Quote from: OMG on September 18, 2020, 02:18:34 AM
So, are we back on unemployment?

We have a week to find out. We getting paid for this week.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 18, 2020, 02:18:34 AM
So, are we back on unemployment?

NOTHING has been determined yet.

We will, however, eventually have medical benefits for the month, whenever Empire gets around to reinstating them.

wheresmymoney!

But reading Ernies post im now confused as to weather we are getting paid for this week or have they changed their minds??? We need to know before Sunday?? This is all mind-blowing! I mean noones surprised dumblasio did this? It was expected. How do they not know what to do about us??

Hammer2161

Let's just hope that doesn't happen because if he pays us 100 percent for Monday and Tuesday and nothing else the drivers at top pay are unable to claim unemployment either way.

OMG

I'm thinking of the following week, 85% or unemployment

PROUD MEMBER

Everyone should go back to Ernie's original post because he added to it. Originally I myself like others read it and was confused. The bottom line is if you worked this week you're getting paid.