They cancel re-opening on sept 21

Started by WigWag, September 17, 2020, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

Quote from: faceit on September 17, 2020, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: Buzz on September 17, 2020, 06:57:08 PM

To those of you bashing the union: IF we're laid off again, what would you like the union to do? Go on strike? If we're already laid off? How does that work?

No, seriously ... what do you want the union to do???

STOP BLAMING THE UNION FOR THINGS OVER WHICH THEY HAVE NO CONTROL!
No one's bashing anybody all I'm saying is it's time to start making some noise like the UFT is doing for the teachers let's protect our members let them know we are hurting put it out there

i agree with you...not bashing anyone.. i think we can stand with Ernie and let us be heard...we dont have to strike or threaten but we can make noise .... and yes Ernie cause that is all we can count on...

OMG

You guys may be right. But is okay to panic about our futures ? 

Buzz

There are high-level meetings going on right now ... and have been since the mayor's announcement this morning ... about how and if those of us not working will get paid.

The union is ALWAYS "making noise," as someone put it, on our behalf and this latest wrinkle is no exception. And be assured, they hear all of us loud and clear.

Let you know as soon as I her anything ... can't guarantee it will be today, though.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Buzz, are the Catholic schools getting bus service?

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 17, 2020, 09:24:50 PM
Buzz, are the Catholic schools getting bus service?

Although somebody already posted on Facebook that they are, I just spoke to Andy and he said it's not official yet. Let you know.

OMG

yabba

Quote from: OMG on September 18, 2020, 02:18:34 AM
So, are we back on unemployment?

We have a week to find out. We getting paid for this week.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 18, 2020, 02:18:34 AM
So, are we back on unemployment?

NOTHING has been determined yet.

We will, however, eventually have medical benefits for the month, whenever Empire gets around to reinstating them.

wheresmymoney!

But reading Ernies post im now confused as to weather we are getting paid for this week or have they changed their minds??? We need to know before Sunday?? This is all mind-blowing! I mean noones surprised dumblasio did this? It was expected. How do they not know what to do about us??

Hammer2161

Let's just hope that doesn't happen because if he pays us 100 percent for Monday and Tuesday and nothing else the drivers at top pay are unable to claim unemployment either way.

OMG

I'm thinking of the following week, 85% or unemployment

PROUD MEMBER

Everyone should go back to Ernie's original post because he added to it. Originally I myself like others read it and was confused. The bottom line is if you worked this week you're getting paid.