The Word for Next Week: SNAFU!

Started by Buzz, December 05, 2020, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Just got off the phone with Ernie and everybody, I mean EVERYBODY from OPT down, is still fucked up and there is no definite direction for next week yet.

The only thing he can tell us is wait for the list to be emailed by the company. If you're on it, you report to work. If not, you remain on unemployment.

And, as has been said all along, those who are on the "Work List" will work before anybody else below them in seniority. If their run is working they will do their own run rather than the run they were covering. Somebody else from the list will cover that work.

We just have to wait for the list.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Are we truly surprised at this point. Just going by the articles we read and the links posted here we can all see that this is for sure a CLUSTER FUCK OF MAJOR PROPORTIONS !!!!

Here's where we need that patience thing again of which I have very little.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Eucerin

Oh my, what is the best guess for the list from Pioneer to be sent out?...waiting for the other shoe to drop I guess...LOL

TheKid24

I'm sorry but if majority of the schools are opening just have the drivers do their runs and whoever is closed do dry runs so there isn't any confusion or animosity amongst drivers.....so everyone is happy and everyone gets paid.

I mean DeBlasADOUCHE did say pubic schools are opening the 7th and D 75 on the 10th why the first confusion and confusion towards who's driving again.

Schools are open we should we driving and reporting to work.

TheKid24

If you said there's 17-18 schools on that list there's gotta be some shot at me working my run Monday with my list number being in the 320s.

TheKid24

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 05, 2020, 03:52:21 PM
There's 27 D31 schools on that list

That includes junior high and high schools. I specified "elementary" when I said 18. But that involves dozens of runs. Not so sure you'd be working.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 05, 2020, 03:46:37 PM
I'm sorry but if majority of the schools are opening just have the drivers do their runs and whoever is closed do dry runs so there isn't any confusion or animosity amongst drivers.....so everyone is happy and everyone gets paid.

Except that the guy who pays us wouldn't be very happy.

TheKid24

So with 17-18 schools closed drivers in the 320s won't be working.....I'll just go screw myself 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Hammer2161

To TheKid24,
Listen I am not sure if I know you or I don't but some friendly advice is to just try and relax. I know you along with a lot of other people are very much on edge but all Buzz myself and others on here are trying to do is pass along information as we receive it. It would be great if they let everyone come to work on Monday but I doubt the owner wants to pay drivers and matrons if he is not getting paid for those runs from the city.

THIS SITUATION MOST CERTAINLY SUCKS BUT ALL WE CAN DO IS BE PATIENT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. I TRULY HOPE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WANTS AND NEEDS TO WORK CAN WORK COME MONDAY. BUT FOR NOW ITS A WAIT AND SEE GAME.

TheKid24

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 05, 2020, 04:44:49 PM
To TheKid24,
Listen I am not sure if I know you or I don't but some friendly advice is to just try and relax. I know you along with a lot of other people are very much on edge but all Buzz myself and others on here are trying to do is pass along information as we receive it. It would be great if they let everyone come to work on Monday but I doubt the owner wants to pay drivers and matrons if he is not getting paid for those runs from the city.

THIS SITUATION MOST CERTAINLY SUCKS BUT ALL WE CAN DO IS BE PATIENT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. I TRULY HOPE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WANTS AND NEEDS TO WORK CAN WORK COME MONDAY. BUT FOR NOW ITS A WAIT AND SEE GAME.

As I said nothing against you guys and thank you for the info you pass along, just saying it's frustrating schools are opening up. My run is active and I can't work.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 05, 2020, 05:02:08 PMAs I said nothing against you guys and thank you for the info you pass along, just saying it's frustrating schools are opening up. My run is active and I can't work.

You don't know that yet. Stay calm.

Hammer2161

The truth is there is definitely no malicious intent here on anyone's part. I know for a fact there are some senior drivers who opted not to be on that list such as Buzz and others. With that being said I hope there is enough work so we all get back to work.
We waited this long a few more hours or even possibly another day won't kill us.

THE NEW LIST IS COMING TRY TO HAVE FAITH !!!!

Hammer2161

And WHEN lol
Here's hoping for good news for all of us.

steady

I would expect the list to be displayed around the same time as last week.  3PM