Pick May Be Postponed

Started by Buzz, August 10, 2021, 08:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I'm not putting anybody's name to this because it's NOT official (yet) but there is a good chance the pick might be delayed. Nothing written in stone yet. Just want to let you know it's very possible.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 10, 2021, 08:03:27 PM
I'm not putting anybody's name to this because it's NOT official (yet) but there is a good chance the pick might be delayed. Nothing written in stone yet. Just want to let you know it's very possible.

Due to what reason ?

Buzz

I should have included that with my original post.

Due to the many run changes that will be necessary because of the time changes of IS 72 and IS 24. Numerous runs will be affected.

PROUD MEMBER

No name???
Let me guess
Ernie, Andy or Anthony

TheKid24

Here's my issue with picking. I'm here going on 3 years and now I can't pick a good run that gets out early because I need to make sure I have a Jewish school on my run to guarantee my full weekly pay check because they never close. It shouldn't be ANY drivers fault coming into work prepared to work to only get 4 hours pay because all of the public schools on my run are closed. That needs to be addressed. That doesn't have anything to do with a seniority. It's just principles that we as drivers shouldn't be punished due to a school closing when we came ready to work.

faceit

3 years and you think you can get a good run?
SMFH🤦🏽
All lives matter

TheKid24

Quote from: faceit on August 10, 2021, 11:36:07 PM
3 years and you think you can get a good run?
SMFH🤦🏽

Better than what I have is what I'm saying. I heard 15-20 guys are retiring so obviously good runs would be available BUT the point I'm trying to make retiring or not went over your head....I shouldn't be able to not have to pick a run getting in early because if my public schools are closed I'm not getting my full weeks pay when I reported to work my full days schedule so I have to depend on a Jewish school run getting in later to guarantee my full pay check because they never shut down.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on August 10, 2021, 11:24:41 PM
It shouldn't be ANY drivers fault coming into work prepared to work to only get 4 hours pay because all of the public schools on my run are closed. That needs to be addressed. That doesn't have anything to do with a seniority. It's just principles that we as drivers shouldn't be punished due to a school closing when we came ready to work.

You're right. It's not a seniority issue. It's a shitty contract for new guys issue.

Hopefully this will change with the next contract. This is why they can't get and keep drivers. Maybe they'll finally realize it.

But ... it IS what you signed on for.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 11, 2021, 01:01:40 AM
Quote from: TheKid24 on August 10, 2021, 11:24:41 PM
It shouldn't be ANY drivers fault coming into work prepared to work to only get 4 hours pay because all of the public schools on my run are closed. That needs to be addressed. That doesn't have anything to do with a seniority. It's just principles that we as drivers shouldn't be punished due to a school closing when we came ready to work.

You're right. It's not a seniority issue. It's a shitty contract for new guys issue.

Hopefully this will change with the next contract. This is why they can't get and keep drivers. Maybe they'll finally realize it.

But ... it IS what you signed on for.

Agreed I mean at some point they are going to have to protect and look out for us new guys while still taking care of you guys at the top. Hopefully the new contract helps us get to top pay quicker and these tid for tat issues as far as Covid can put us all under the same
Umbrella.

Buzz

But wait a minute. Are you saying there are days you only get 4 hours pay? When? Give me an example. I don't see how that can be, even with your contract.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 11, 2021, 02:01:47 AM
But wait a minute. Are you saying there are days you only get 4 hours pay? When? Give me an example. I don't see how that can be, even with your contract.

RJJ was on vacation, I come in at 7:15 for an 8am first pick up and I see on the window my public schools Were closed due to Covid they said oh you gotta shape.....Who am I shaping for at that time? there's no runs at that time to give me, I literally was in the office for 10 min before told to go home and I got one day of 4 hours of shape pay. It's not my fault the schools are closed I should get 8 hours pay because I as the driver reported to work to work my full shift.

Another situation, One of my schools was closed due to Covid and I forgot how many days they were closed. Now It's Friday and my other two schools closed due to Covid and I don't do RJJ on Fridays. I had to pray that the first school closed due to Covid opened back up so I got a fulls weeks pay. If they didn't I would have gotten paid for 4 days or 4 hours shape pay. Another example of a driver being prepared to work a full day but being held accountable for a school being closed getting only 4 hours pay

PROUD MEMBER

It's unfortunate but according to the contract (if I recall correctly), new drivers only get paid for when they work so thank God they let you be considered a shape and then go home and at least you got the four hours. As Buzz stated that is what you signed up for and hopefully in the next contract it will be changed. After all Neil & the other owners at least to my knowledge got paid for every run every day even if some schools were closed. It may have been different if ALL the schools were closed.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 11, 2021, 11:56:12 AM
It's unfortunate but according to the contract (if I recall correctly), new drivers only get paid for when they work so thank God they let you be considered a shape and then go home and at least you got the four hours. As Buzz stated that is what you signed up for and hopefully in the next contract it will be changed. After all Neil & the other owners at least to my knowledge got paid for every run every day even if some schools were closed. It may have been different if ALL the schools were closed.

As I said the new contract has to take care of you guys BUT us new guys need to see some sort of benefit especially if we are staying here long term. Anything, Something lol.

Buzz

@TheKid24: OK, I see what you're saying. Of course these were unusual circumstances and ones that could not have been foreseen when the contract was drafted. Unfortunately you don't have guaranteed days. Hopefully that will change in the future.

I think the writing is on the wall if they want to be able to attract new people to the job. I heard on a Bethlehem PA radio station an ad for Aldi looking for warehouse workers STARTING at $21 and hour. That's in PA and they don't have to put up with half the bullshit we do on this job. They're going to have to be much more competitive.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on August 11, 2021, 12:54:52 PM
@TheKid24: OK, I see what you're saying. Of course these were unusual circumstances and ones that could not have been foreseen when the contract was drafted. Unfortunately you don't have guaranteed days. Hopefully that will change in the future.

I think the writing is on the wall if they want to be able to attract new people to the job. I heard on a Bethlehem PA radio station an ad for Aldi looking for warehouse workers STARTING at $21 and hour. That's in PA and they don't have to put up with half the bullshit we do on this job. They're going to have to be much more competitive.

yeah, Covid obviously wasn't in the contract for anyone new or old so we all should have been under the same Umbrella given that circumstance. But as I said Pionneer is going to have to offer a few GOOD incentives to us new guys to make us stay or bring in new guys. It's bad enough people can't pass this new CDL, gotta make it more interesting for them knowing after they pass it they will have a good job with better pay and benefits than it is now. Take care of the New protect the old off vice versa lol.