NY Post

Started by rc1790, February 11, 2013, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grrr

Goose623

Once again Neil showing his true colors.

terminator

I think this makes it clear he DOESNT want 1181 drivers.

faceit

Next time someone tells me he's a nice guy, your gonna get my foot up your ass, open your eyes people, he'll get rid of us to save a dollar.Real nice guy

rc1790

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/bus_strike_mayor_mike_wins_BpwJn1Y7SGCksXnq3O1R2I

Latest article says some workers are already crossing lines. If so where is that happening and what is being done about it?

mirrorcheck

Rc....I believe those are other unions crossing the lines. Michael Benjamins piece has a few inaccuracies in it. Faceit....unless maybe some kind of endaround about the suit brought forth by the contractors coalition comes to light. I am still in shock and outraged that this happened. I dont know if this is a scare tactic or what. Whatsruled illegal could be a game changer.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

yabba

we are all in a big fking mess... :bomb:

rc1790

Hopefully our politician friends put their talk into actions or we might end up like Hostess. Pioneer seems to be distancing itself from us. The mayors evil plot is moving faster than our response. I hope things swing back our way.

yabba

Quote from: rc1790 on February 12, 2013, 09:42:05 PM
Hopefully our politician friends put their talk into actions or we might end up like Hostess. Pioneer seems to be distancing itself from us. The mayors evil plot is moving faster than our response. I hope things swing back our way.

honestly we need to go back to work and hope these politicians stay true to their word and things will be better for us on 1-1-2014  .but as of right now we will end up like hostess under this current mayor and this strike...he is the biggest piece of $hit to ever hit ny and the usa other then obama..hopefully these 1100 runs will get all fucked up without 1181 companies having them and the new administration will give them back to the companies that have handle the work for 33 years..i dont know what else to think anymore...

mirrorcheck

RC and Yabba I strongly agree with what you both said. All True.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on February 12, 2013, 11:00:13 PM
honestly we need to go back to work and hope these politicians stay true to their word and things will be better for us on 1-1-2014  .but as of right now we will end up like hostess under this current mayor and this strike...he is the biggest piece of $hit to ever hit ny and the usa other then obama..hopefully these 1100 runs will get all fucked up without 1181 companies having them and the new administration will give them back to the companies that have handle the work for 33 years..i dont know what else to think anymore...

I think you would find a lot of people agreeing with you right about now. If we're going to get the EPP back, it would have to come from NYS legislature and Cuomo. That could take months, and there's no guarantee.  And a lot could happen in 2 years. We rolled the dice with the strike ... let's roll them again while we're getting a paycheck.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

terminator

Didnt the union offer a cooling off period where everyone goes back to work?
The response by Mayor Arrogant was NO
Just a thought...if we go back would it be a sign that he WON and we gave up?
Before I get killed for asking the above question...I honestly dont think anyone has the perfect action to take for this mess!
One new idea...go back to work and we all do a 'slowdown'?

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on February 12, 2013, 04:45:45 AM
I think this makes it clear he DOESNT want 1181 drivers.

What he doesn't want is every top-salary 1181 employees from the master pick when 2000 people are without jobs in the fall. Really not fair to any 1181 contractor when these scab companies can hire people for $14 an hour. But I think they're going about it ass-backwards ... they should be telling the court that the EPP should be PUT IN to the other contracts to make it fair for all contractors.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Looking back it was worth the shot. Im not going to monday morning quarterback it. The city was able to run and pass the ball, ignore any calls we got in our favor and push the goal line farther back when it seemed we were close. Could it have been things better by us? Sure. My frustration is with this city...the same way that the pres. And his staff dealt with Benghazi is what we got. They just kept the scoreboard in there favor by delaying. Not getting ahead of the issue...just let it linger ans die its own death. Anyone waiting be damned. That sucks in plain english....a lot of good people took a beating in this.