NY Post

Started by rc1790, February 11, 2013, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

I totally agree with you!

Goose623

We all need to get behind Bill Thompson and make him are next mayor. I am changing parties just to vote for him in the primary.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on February 12, 2013, 06:22:27 PM
Rc....I believe those are other unions crossing the lines. Michael Benjamins piece has a few inaccuracies in it. Faceit....unless maybe some kind of endaround about the suit brought forth by the contractors coalition comes to light. I am still in shock and outraged that this happened. I dont know if this is a scare tactic or what. Whatsruled illegal could be a game changer.

As I explained to terminator, I don't think this will change anything for us. Until there's a new contract we get the same pay and benefits as under our previous contract. (I'm not in a hurry for a new contract ... bound to be givebacks.)  I think these contractors are trying to protect themselves from being forced to take top-pay 1181 workers from companies that lost their work ... when new companies on the scene can submit low bids because they are starting people at $14 an hour. They want to be able to hire new 1181 employees at starting pay, not non-union scabs. As long as Neil doesn't go out of business, we'll have jobs. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Buzz....thats the problem. The job vacuum creates 1181 drivers out of work...that need to be replaced into other companies. If we are all "one" union we cant abandon them. So the original reason why we went out was for these same other companies. I say this creates a really big issue. Now I fear its grown bigger and now not easily solveable. Had tue city taken the very reasonable and fair offer to sit down and have 3 party talks a deal could have been worked out. As much as I want go be back to work ASAP...my personal friends from other companies look to be really screwed.
      Ps Buzz...my point was in that article you cant win unless your a player. That exposes what we all know was bloomys hand in this...its NOT an employee/Contractor issue. Benjamin is really ignorant.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

mirrorcheck

Goose...im not voting again...both parties let me down in the span of 3 months and as long as the majority ideology is applied...nothing matters.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on February 13, 2013, 03:06:35 AM
Buzz....thats the problem. The job vacuum creates 1181 drivers out of work...that need to be replaced into other companies. If we are all "one" union we cant abandon them. So the original reason why we went out was for these same other companies. I say this creates a really big issue. Now I fear its grown bigger and now not easily solveable. Had tue city taken the very reasonable and fair offer to sit down and have 3 party talks a deal could have been worked out. As much as I want go be back to work ASAP...my personal friends from other companies look to be really screwed.
      Ps Buzz...my point was in that article you cant win unless your a player. That exposes what we all know was bloomys hand in this...its NOT an employee/Contractor issue. Benjamin is really ignorant.

Bottom line ... we ARE NOT getting the EPP from Bloomberg EVER.

Now, how long do you want to stay out of work?

steve

I sent a letter to the post stating that his premature statement like his life was just that
Premature, I wrote that he just told the other unions what we know about Bloomberg,
And that was that once he gets us ,he,s going after them , which I hope that it lights
A fire under the other unions ass to stand up with us  and fight ,because like the moron
In the post said with a smile , that after us it's their turn,and if any 854 drivers are reading this ,
I hope you understand that by doing your run while we are on strike is going to bite you in the ass.
If not in sept then in less then 2 years ,  and when it does   I.,  me.  Am going to cross your picket
Line with a smile yelling remember when you crossed my picket line , yelling I am 1181 and you needed to pay your bills so you crossed my line , so here I am crossing yours , and this is a promise from me to you.
Alright now I believe that the 4 companies that filed a suit against the city lonero ,pioneer,Hoyt,Atlantic express realized that by screwing us  they screwed them selfs,
So now they want to remove the EPP from the contract that has 2 years left ,the contract is sign sealed and delivered so should be no change but as for the unfairness of the bid to them, that I hope they win because if they do then the bids that were open today may be no good and the companies may have to wait 2 years and start the whole process again, and that means new mayor and chancellor , I,d like to see the idiot  mayor with that chicken shit chancellor eat that .

Buzz

I don't know that anything that happens on March 7 would nullify the bids that were submitted. I also don't think that ultimately the court will declare the EPP illegal.

However, if March 7th's hearing causes the court to issue an injunction to force the city to suspend awarding any contracts while they decide the case, that will be a good thing. It may take months for a decision to come down, and the longer we can delay this, the shorter Bloomberg's time left in office.

yabba

Bottom line ... we ARE NOT getting the EPP from Bloomberg EVER.

Now, how long do you want to stay out of work?
[/quote]

buzz you hit the nail on the head..i support 1181 but i said this same thing from 1-16-2013...i understood and supported the strike but i knew we were not going to change this mayor.maybe we should have done this back in the spring when we took the strike vote,at that point maybe the pressure would have made the mayor change his mind but once that contract went out to bid was is no changing him. but either way i dont think he would have gave in..i understand these 2200 drivers and matrons out of work but at this point we are only hurting ourselves now,lets go back to work ,sit down with neil and worry about pioneer and our future.lets face it as the past has proven to this industry these new contracts will not work out by 1-1-2014 and the new mayor will support us and we will get these runs back into 1181 and all the workers ...so lets go back to work and outshine these new companies  in septemeber amd thats the way we can beat the mayor,lets look and say thats you cheap labor ...

and what neil is asking for with the epp at this point is a good thing for us i feel..again i support 1181 but lets face it we have a disaster on our hands right now..if we sit down and get a contract with neil,we going to have the throw the new hires under the bus but at least they will know what to expect when they start the job,and then he can offer a buy out and lower his salary cost ,and we have 2 years to work this all out and keep our jobs.i just wish we could do this contract between pioneer and 1181,the hell with gatto and curcio.lets do it 1 company at a time.also within the next month or 2 neil will know what the new companies are getting and he will have something to go by for his 2015 contract.he can judge by what these companies are getting paid and also lets face it lets see if they can survive like marty and neil has for 40 years....so lets hope these new companies blow up in the mayors face and we can pick up the pieces ....good luck brothers and sister and we all have different views on the disaster lets not fight each other but try to listen to each others views and push forward with what seems to be the best possible future for us all..

mirrorcheck

Buzz...maybe my last post was misunderstood. Im not saying keta stay out. Whatbi am saying is we all agree we have sonething with our company. Others dont. Isnt that the reason why this was so important? Thats what I was told. In my humble opinion once they allowed these bids in that should be our cue to go back. Whatever the union wants and we decide as a whole I will honor.
         Ps we all know ways that the Board can save money on transportation and even inside schools. This wasnt about addressing a problem it was about trying to vreak the union. Geez if Bush addressed 9/11 in the same fashion Afghanistan and Iraq would have been the 2 biggest pieces of glass in existence. Bloomberg sought us and allowed to go unchecked by anyone higher went nuclear on us. Cuomo and obama...to pro union guys as much help we got from them ....as tits on a bull.

GMC JOE

We know what Pioneer has for us , BUT Pioneer also knows what we have for the  them  . HAVE YOU NOT TAKEN A CLOSE LOOK AT THE SCABS ? For that matter include the drivers of the non union bus running around town . You can not tell me they do not scare the shit out of the parents and the owners of the vehicles . Always stay focused you can' t read minds . Right now we are on strike so listen to the unions directions. No one has a crystal ball . Don't let bloomys money beat us and don"t let them know what we are thinking because they can't and they do not have a crystal ball either. STAY STRONG  :wink1:
In God We Trust

Rock Steady

Well said Joe . . . . well said. We can't let the rumours get under our skin and play a head game on us. 

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on February 13, 2013, 07:06:28 PM
Buzz...maybe my last post was misunderstood. Im not saying keta stay out. Whatbi am saying is we all agree we have sonething with our company. Others dont. Isnt that the reason why this was so important? Thats what I was told.

That's true. But we took a stand and after a few weeks it became obvious that this guy was not going to play ball no matter what the NLRB says, or the city council, or anybody else. We are dealing with an android who is devoid of human emotion. There are dictators in South America who are jealous over the power that this guy has.

Of course it's unfortunate for the people in these other companies, but the mayor says he will fast-track some of the new bidders and get them started this school year ... because he will pull contracts on those companies if they're still on strike and not fulfilling their obligations. Then the poor people who would be out of a job in September will instead be out of a job NOW.

Better we go back and they salvage what's left of this year because whether we stay out another month or another year they will still not have jobs. Hopefully in the meantime the somebody will pull a rabbit out of the hat and get an EPP out of Albany.

And to clarify, when I say go back to work, I'm not talking about crossing the line. I'm saying the union should cut our losses and send us back.

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on February 14, 2013, 12:22:44 AM
We know what Pioneer has for us , BUT Pioneer also knows what we have for the  them  . HAVE YOU NOT TAKEN A CLOSE LOOK AT THE SCABS ? For that matter include the drivers of the non union bus running around town . You can not tell me they do not scare the shit out of the parents and the owners of the vehicles . Always stay focused you can' t read minds . Right now we are on strike so listen to the unions directions. No one has a crystal ball . Don't let bloomys money beat us and don"t let them know what we are thinking because they can't and they do not have a crystal ball either. STAY STRONG  :wink1:

Yeah ... if we had a crystal ball we would have known we'd have no health care benefits after 2 weeks.  :wink_cheesy:

GMC JOE

Having no health care after two weeks was not doing good research ,I do not think you need a crystal ball for that. Sorry to not agree.   :bomb:
In God We Trust