Could save $99 million

Started by Buzz, February 14, 2013, 11:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

According to the article below, if the city went with the lowest bidders, the city could save $99 million ... I'm guessing per year. The highest bids were nearly $100 million MORE than they pay now. If they go with a figure somewhere in between, it's going to amount to about a 5% savings of the $1.1 billion transportation budget. All this for 5%? Thousands losing jobs, the hardship on parents and kids, the problem for schools ... all for a lousy 5%?

Can't say it enough ... not about the money, it's about feeding the little man's ego. If he were going to be around, he's probably spend the "savings" on more bike lanes and bike racks because there's not enough of them that go unused already.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new-bus-contracts-save-nyc-99-million-article-1.1262607
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Right Buzz....I knew money wasnt it all along. What proved it was when union said wed go back and we were refused. Still politicians and powers that be remained silent. That sums it all up .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.