Incident Reports

Started by Buzz, April 24, 2023, 04:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I know we've been told that incidents have to be reported the same day. We've also been told that OPT won't accept them without first and last names.

First, the chancellor's regulation says that the incident has to be reported "within 24 hours" which makes a little more sense because it gives you more time to  find out needed information from the school than "same day" does. (It even says 24 hours on the form.) Why we're told differently, I don't know but according to this regulation the  implication would be that no violation is involved if it's reported within the 24 hour time frame.

https://infohub.nyced.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/school-bus-incident-reporting-procedures.pdf

https://infohub.nyced.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/school-bus-incident-report.pdf

Also, if you don't know a child's full name, give the report to our shop steward or assistant and he will handle it from there. (Bob Hearn Made us aware of this at the last class.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I recall at the refresher when Bob said that Elena has to take the report with or without a name. I believe one of the drivers even got booed when he raised his hand to emphasize the issue. Obviously he was just doing it to make sure the other drivers understood the procedure and do not get jammed up bc they thought the office wouldn't take the report. But you know how SOME drivers don't speak up (sound familiar) and instead of taking two minutes now would rather scream & yell later when they get jammed up!

Buzz

Drivers will "boo" any questions that make the class any longer than it is ... no matter how pertinent. I'm sure it was nothing personal towards "that" driver.  ;D

(And I'll admit ... I've refrained from raising my hand for that reason.)

More recently Bob has said you can give name-problem reports directly to him. (That's what Elaina would do with them.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.