New Hires

Started by Uncle Buck, September 16, 2017, 04:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Buck

Tonight I received  an email from workforce 1 (unemployment agency) that Pioneer is offering  a three thousand dollar sign on bonus,half the money after 6 months, the other half after a year. Hey Neil,here's an idea,why don't you take care of your employees who have no pay scale and get no holiday pay. Pioneer drivers are leaving to go to non union companies because of better pay and benefits. How do you expect drivers to stay here who have worked 4 plus years making the same as someone starting today! Insulting to say the least...

Uncle Buck

And not just Neil,what the hell is the union doing? They should be all over this signing bonus bullshit!

Buzz

I don't think the union could or should do anything about the signing bonus. Theres's nothing to forbidding it and why would they want to prevent the hire of somebody who will be paying dues?

Your other points are valid. It's not a matter of the starting pay, but no step raises, holidays, benefits are the reasons office personnel are doing runs to cover the work. As for the $3000 bonus, once it's spent, they have no reason to stay here.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag

Why don't they just make school bus drivers part of OPT. Many problems solved  :yes:

Uncle Buck

Buzz,just trying to make a point that Neil has to spend money for criminal background checks,drug testing etc. why not try and retain people he's already hired!

Buzz

Quote from: Uncle Buck on September 17, 2017, 03:27:42 AM
Buzz,just trying to make a point that Neil has to spend money for criminal background checks,drug testing etc. why not try and retain people he's already hired!

Yep, and I agree 100%!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.