Threatening letter in drivers room

Started by Uncle Buck, January 19, 2018, 02:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Buck

So after I pick my run today, I see a letter stating that if drivers refuse work this summer,they face termination.I would estimate a shortage of 20 to 25 drivers as of now and it's only going to get worse.Low pay and inferior benefits have caused many Pioneer drivers to leave for non union companies.Instead of threatening drivers with termination,management should instead work with the union to increase the pay and benefits.

Buzz

Hang in there ... new contract coming. I think new hires will fare a lot better. Things are a bit different this time around.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Air_Brakes

I don't see many different things except for the provisional "EPP" type of stipulations.  The owner and mgt. are still doing the same old things.  I may be blind to the differences, could you elaborate.  Threats, poor pay scale for new hires, buses removed from people for b.s., shortage of drivers but everyone covering including mgt, etc.  I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Buzz

You're talking about the owners' contract with the city when you mention EPP (which is now ESPW). I'm talking about OUR contract. Shortage of drivers, no one on master list ... I think we're in a much better bargaining position than last contract and think we'll all see improvements, include the new hires.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

is our work actually out for bid ...and if so i guess there is no reason for neil and 1181 to sit at the bargaining table till the bid is awarded and see who actually is our boss,,, this bid isnt making sense...

Air_Brakes