Contract negotiations

Started by Uncle Buck, April 24, 2018, 01:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Buck

According to Andrew,tomorrow begins contract negotiations with Neil.My hope is that the unions position is one contract for all!.I personally can't hold out much longer with the salary I'm being paid.In my 5th year and still at bottom of pay scale,no paid holidays,snow days plus people under the new contract pay 9.5% of salary for health plan.This is going to be a make or break contract for myself and others who have held on believing the union and Neil will do the right thing.Im not very optimistic.

Buzz

I don't want to give you any false hope, and I don't know any more than anybody else as to what is going to be, but don't despair yet. Things are considerably different this time around. There is nobody on the master list. Pioneer and other companies cannot attract or keep qualified people. They know there has to be change.

I really think things will get better for all of us this contract ... even more significantly so for those hired under the current contract. Just my 2 cents worth, but I say, "Hang in there."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

When it comes to Neil I am not optimistic at all. He might do something for the new people, but i seriously doubt he'll bend when it comes to us. He cares only for his pocket, not for his employees.

Buzz

Although it would be nice if some degree of altruism was part of his though process, we've been shown that we are nothing more than a means to his bottom line ... as is the case with most businesses. Their goal is increased wealth and labor costs are the main obstacle. That's the nature of the beast.

That said, it's fair to assume that there will be no meaningful negotiations until Pioneer knows for sure whether it has an extension on their contract with the DOE.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.