Ok, now what?

Started by OMG, September 26, 2020, 05:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OMG

As of yet, we still haven't gotten any official notice about the proposal given to the contractors. If a driver or matron wind up Covid positive do we get sick days? Are we going to be paid for our time off? Also, still a dilemma about the routes. If I'm at my second stop And I already have my 10 kids With a few stops still to go,  do I continue my route or go straight to the school and drop off my load? And what happens at dismissal if the school officials are coming up till our buses with way too many kids, Should we just take 10 and leave? It would be great if we had an official statement on what to do, because if these buses are overloaded and one of us should get sick and the company or the  Board of Education did not follow CDC protocol and purposely overloaded our vehicles, there's gonna be a problem.

WigWag16

Ten or less use the chart...if there is more than ten load them if they are wearing a mask is what I understood from Owen and if you have more than 10 you radio it in letting the office know

OMG

The thing is this should've been taken care of they only had six months. More than 10 is against CDC rules and regulations along with OPT rules and regulations as we know by the chart. If more than 10 I was loaded on the bus, and the driver or matron get sick the department of education along with Pioneer has some answering to do,

faceit

All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 26, 2020, 05:30:26 PM
As of yet, we still haven't gotten any official notice about the proposal given to the contractors. If a driver or matron wind up Covid positive do we get sick days? Are we going to be paid for our time off? Also, still a dilemma about the routes. If I'm at my second stop And I already have my 10 kids With a few stops still to go,  do I continue my route or go straight to the school and drop off my load? And what happens at dismissal if the school officials are coming up till our buses with way too many kids, Should we just take 10 and leave? It would be great if we had an official statement on what to do, because if these buses are overloaded and one of us should get sick and the company or the  Board of Education did not follow CDC protocol and purposely overloaded our vehicles, there's gonna be a problem.

We did get official notice about the proposal sent to the contractors ... Cheap masks and gloves and flammable sanitizer. That was their answer. (Sad.)

As far as getting paid if you get sick ... not sure. Hard to prove you got it on the job. However, I know when a driver and matron were told to quarantine back in the spring, they got paid. I don't know if that set a precedent, however.

As for dismissal, I don't think even the company has an answer to that but I think it would be the same as picking up in the morning. If they're wearing masks, take them and report it to the office. Or, you could call the office at that time and get instructions.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

It's not our position nor is at the position of any school official to willingly put children at risk. How would the parents feel if we told them that their child was sitting next to somebody or near somebody that might put them or their family in harms way. I for one am stopping at 10, And I'm only taking the first 10 to get on the bus at any of my schools. In the morning if I have 10, the run is done. Unless they give me hazardous duty pay

Buzz

It's either going to be a very long year for you ... or a very short on.  ;D ;D ;D

OMG

Do you know what the funny thing is? Everybody but us is protected we're trying to be protected and taken care of. 1181 in all it's employees are on a hybrid session, some people work from home on certain days and some people are in the office 6 feet apart. Pioneer is wrapped in plexiglass, we're not allowed in the office. OPT, You'll never get there, I doubt there will be any hearings. Why? Corvus ! Yet, don't worry about it guys, if there are kids on the corner if they have mask put them on, no matter how many are on the corner!. That doesn't bother anybody? You Gotta be kidding me, don't be sheep!

sbdriver1

And if someone gets covid on the bus, OPT won't be blamed, DOE won't be blamed, and the Pioneer staff behind the plexiglass won't be blamed but WE will.

OMG

If you go to a doctors office, wait in the parking lot and call when you get there to be Called in. If you go to a dentist office, call when you get into the parking lot and wait to be called in. If you go to a 7-Eleven, the cashier is protected by plexiglass, if you go to Home Depot or Lowe's, the cashier is protected by plexiglass. If you go to the dispatch office at Pioneer, they are protected by plexiglass. But if there are more than ten Children at the bus stop, go ahead boys overload the bus call us if you need help. What a crock of shit. 1181?, On a rotating shift so there is safe distancing. Some are home and some are working virtually.  But go ahead, overload the bus, fuck you! Don't take this virus lightly, people of dying. And the numbers are going up in New York big-time! Do you guys want to be sheep? Go ahead. I plan on protecting myself while doing my job. And if I get in trouble for doing my job and protecting myself,I plan on Lawyering up, Because from what I can see no one gives a shit about us.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 27, 2020, 03:54:59 AM
Yet, don't worry about it guys, if there are kids on the corner if they have mask put them on, no matter how many are on the corner!. That doesn't bother anybody? You Gotta be kidding me, don't be sheep!

Hey pal, I agree with you 100%. They've basically done nothing to protect us. Maybe when they're short a few dozen drivers who are out sick they'll rethink this. But the reality is that we've never gotten to make the rules and there's nothing different now. We either play by their rules or go home. It's wrong, it's unfair ... but that's the way it is and always has been.

OMG

On the contrary, a lot has changed. Covid-19, a deadly pandemic 😷.

yabba

how about standing  on a line last week and wanting us to sign for a pair of disposable gloves. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:..what a joke...i gave up at that point and go with the "what can we do attitude"...  that is definetly not the answer but thats all we hear the last few years... kind of sad if you ask me...   

Buzz

That shit show of drivers lining the drivers room ... not nearly 6 feet apart ... should never have been allowed to happen. Actually, Ernie took video of it an showed it to Neil. Eventually he just grabbed a bag of gloves and started handing them out outside. I didn't take any ... a waste.

I waited until after 7:30 when the room cleared out to get my card, take a piss and go sit by my school. 

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 27, 2020, 01:31:29 PM
On the contrary, a lot has changed. Covid-19, a deadly pandemic 😷.

Again, no argument here. But the way things are done hasn't changed a bit.