Thank you all for allowing me to represent members of 1181

Started by Ernie, May 18, 2022, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

My journey began in the school bus industry in 1979. I was blessed to have the opportunity to make many friends along the way. As time rolled by I found myself working with different companies. In September of 1992 I started working at Pioneer. I made friends with a man named Ed Gigliotti who at that time was the Assistant Steward of Pioneer; he was the one who influenced me to get involved with union business. Ed urged me to use my passion that I have for the people and be a voice for the Drivers Matrons & Mechanics.He then became the Shop Steward and he took me on as his Assistant. Eventually he moved up in position as Delegate of 1811.I also moved up and became the Shop Stewart and remained in that position for over 17 years.
        My assistant became Andrew Cappa..Together we worked to overcome the many hurdles at Pioneer. I fought tirelessly and long hours to ensure all Drivers, Matrons and Mechanics were treated fairly and represented properly. I put in long hours even after most went home. As Time went on I also moved up as the Delegate of 1181 representing Pioneer Transportation and other companies. And of course never forgot my home in Pioneer. My passion reflected in the care I took for all companies. I was very proud to become a Delegate and work alongside the President of 1181 and the entire Executive Board.

Now coming to present time I'm entering a new chapter in my life. I have worked since I was 15 years old and always looking forward to the retirement years. As much as I am sad to leave I am also excited to be able to spend more time with my wife, my children and my grandchildren. It is not actually possible to name all the amazing lifelong friends that I have made along the way. However I am sure you all know who you are and I just wanted to thank you for all the backing and support that I have received and most importantly your friendship.
        I also want to thank you for letting me be a part of your lives. I am very proud of what we have all accomplished together. I know that our job is not easy at times because of the changes brought on over the years by The Dept of Ed. I also know how discouraging our jobs can be at times. That being said I just want to offer these words of encouragement. You are all doing great job and you ALL truly make a difference in this world no matter what position you hold.
        If any of you need me you always know I am only a phone call away.
The times shared, friendships made will always be a part of my memories.
Thank you all for being a part of my family
Thank you and God Bless
Ernie

sbdriver1

PROUD MEMBER

I could literally go on & on but I'll make it short & simple. Thank you for all you have done for me personally and for the Pioneer family and for 1181 in general.
It's a pleasure & an honor to call you my friend.
God Bless You & Your Family

LMAO

Good for you Ernie  :drink_beer: enjoy your retirement it's been a ride ! Nothing but the best !

Buzz

Although I knew this day was coming, I'm saddened to realize it is finally here. Can hardly imagine being in this union without you here but you are certainly deserving of a stress-free and enjoyable retirement.

Few people really know how much you put in to this job. How committed you were to the people of this union, particularly those of us at Pioneer.

Always having stayed in close touch with you I know first-hand the many nights, weekends and holidays you put your delegate duties before all else. You put your heart and soul into your job and I'm sure that few ... if any ... others on the executive board put in nearly as many hours.

Yes there have been, and are, others who stand up for us, fight for us and have our best interests at heart. But with the exception of your cousin, Sal Battaglia, none do it with the same passion, style and tenacity as you do. You're the last of the "OG's" in 1181.

On a personal level, you have been a good friend ... not only to me, but others as well. If you knew someone needed help, and you could help them, you were always there. Doing for others is just part of who you are and you took that personality trait to a whole other level in your role as delegate.

You will be missed more than I can say. I can only wish the very best to someone who gave his very best. I thank your sweet wife, Betty, for all the many times you devoted personal time to helping us ... time that would otherwise have been spent with her and the rest of your family. They can all now have your full time and attention at last.

I will not say goodbye. I will always stay in touch. My life has been enriched for having known you all these years. God Bless you, my friend. I love you.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.