Covid at Pioneer !!

Started by Tyme, September 28, 2020, 12:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

We shouldn't assume things. Obviously I didn't see it being done but
I was told that the office and driver's room was disinfected.

Hammer2161

Well I was there this morning for work and it seemed like business as usual. People can say they do a lot of things including disinfecting the offices and drivers room. But the truth is we are being told nothing on a larger scale not from Pioneer or 1181. If we weren't all here whispering amongst ourselves we wouldn't know a damn thing about Bobby testing positive. There is no notification of said fact anywhere at Pioneer.

I know we all want and need to work but are we truly going to just stand by and allow them to have basically no regard for our safety ????

faceit

Proud member what's to ASSUME? Did you get notified of a potential contact with a Covid case? And I heard Bob's son was home with Covid so Bobby knew he had come in contact it...
All lives matter

WigWag16

Again.....I'll say it once again....WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONTACTED! I've seen emails from teacher friends of mine if someone tests positive they get an email of what the protocol is as to what the school is doing as well as what the employees should do. In Fact other companies do this as well. Like it was stated if we weren't passing word around we wouldn't know. They should have emailed us stating an employee has tested positive. We believe he could have come in contact with a few drivers so to avoid any confusion we want to have everyone come in Monday for a COVID test as well that we will be disinfecting the dispatch office as well as the drivers room to put us at ease. That's how it should have been handled, not word of mouth from the drivers.

Air_Brakes

This IS definitely a union issue. Why?  Because one aspect of their job is the safety of all their members. We realize that Pioneer owner and mgt. does not care as much as they should. They just want us to go out and drive.  Once the union found out either Andy or Ernie should have come on here (the only way we know about things) and told us. But what do we hear.....crickets.  I'm not asking the  union to solve the problem but they realize we're left in the dark, just communicate more with us. If it wasn't for this site on many issues we'd be lost.
Union :thumbdown:
Pioneer  :thumbdown:

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

When I say assume I’m talking about the office and drivers room not getting disinfected.

WigWag16

I'll say it again......company should have sent an email over the weekend informing us. I don't care what the guidelines say, they as a company and a union have an obligation to inform us by official notification

WigWag16

And last I checked they haven't even told us about an official protocol of what the company has......

PROUD MEMBER

According to the link Buzz posted we all can continue to go to work including the office staff as long as they follow the guidelines in the link.

WigWag

Didn't we give the company our e- mail address and they were suppose to sent a link to an app that would notify us if anyone in the company
came done with COVID ... just wondering.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag on September 28, 2020, 05:13:54 PM
Didn't we give the company our e- mail address and they were suppose to sent a link to an app that would notify us if anyone in the company
came done with COVID ... just wondering.

Yeah, that's true ... forgot about that. I believe it stated that is was specifically for COVID notifications.

Hammer2161

This is hilarious, why is it drivers feel the need to defend Pioneer's lack of safety precautions when it comes to their drivers and matrons. When will the drivers learn to stick together because as long as it stays this way we will continue to not matter where Pioneer is concerned.

If everything stated in this thread is true concerning Bobby and knowing that his son had tested positive prior to coming in on Friday. Simply stated he didn't care about infecting anyone one of us at that point. I know many on here are friends with Bobby and I myself consider us friendly. But he had a responsibility and he failed to act on it. That is unfortunately a fact. Another fact is that neither Pioneer nor 1181 felt the need to inform any of its personnel outside of the office staff. As Buzz stated he was talking to Bobby outside of the office on Friday afternoon. I would bet dollar to doughnuts he isn't the only driver or matron to come in close proximity to Bobby. And then what about all the people they came in contact with. It's a domino effect people plain and simple.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 28, 2020, 05:22:01 PM
If everything stated in this thread is true concerning Bobby and knowing that his son had tested positive prior to coming in on Friday.

It apparently is not true and he didn't know. Read my separate post.

You know what they say about assuming ...

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 28, 2020, 05:22:01 PM
This is hilarious, why is it drivers feel the need to defend Pioneer's lack of safety precautions when it comes to their drivers and matrons. When will the drivers learn to stick together because as long as it stays this way we will continue to not matter where Pioneer is concerned.

If everything stated in this thread is true concerning Bobby and knowing that his son had tested positive prior to coming in on Friday. Simply stated he didn't care about infecting anyone one of us at that point. I know many on here are friends with Bobby and I myself consider us friendly. But he had a responsibility and he failed to act on it. That is unfortunately a fact. Another fact is that neither Pioneer nor 1181 felt the need to inform any of its personnel outside of the office staff. As Buzz stated he was talking to Bobby outside of the office on Friday afternoon. I would bet dollar to doughnuts he isn't the only driver or matron to come in close proximity to Bobby. And then what about all the people they came in contact with. It's a domino effect people plain and simple.

excellent post...  we need unity but we will never see it