Holiday Pay Info

Started by Buzz, December 10, 2014, 10:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Here's the notice that's posted in the window ...

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

I like to know how many city workers opted out. Again neil makes more money. what a shame, how did this ever happen. Who is at fault the Union or all of us. I quess we will never know until it is too late for us.

hognol

I for one did not opt out. But I can tell you why city workers opt out.  Money. Extra money in their paychecks because of no medical deduction and the extra incentive checks that the owner gladly forks over. Also, they apparently don't need the coverage since they have their medical benefits from the city resulting in a couple of thousand extra in their pocket.  When it comes to the almighty dollar, no one gives a crap about anything else. 

worker341

hognol well said. Glad you did not opt out. I for one respect you. Have a Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

PROUD MEMBER

Is the Opt Out option available to all employees at all Shops or just at Pioneer??

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 15, 2014, 02:43:42 PM
Is the Opt Out option available to all employees at all Shops or just at Pioneer??

All, but the majority come from Pioneer because we have many retired city workers. Got to admire those who don't opt out. $3000 or so has to be a lot more to them than it is to Neil.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Neil might be giving $3000 or so to each member that opts out but it doesn't cost him anything. Just the opposite he is probably saving $10,000 a year per member that opts out. Meanwhile our fund takes the hit. I would have liked to have been there when the opt-out was negotiated. Something just doesn't seem right.

worker341

Our contract should be up soon. I think we should all sign a pettion stating the number one thing we want is stop the opt out program. 

PROUD MEMBER

I don't think you would ever be able to reverse the opt-out. Once that was put into play (for whatever reason???) the people who took advantage of it are use to that income. I believe Pioneer alone has at least 80 people. That's like me asking those of us who do not have the opt-out whether or not you have alternative insurance to take a $3000 (net) a year pay cut. More so from an owner's perpestive Neil alone would probably stand to lose about $800,000 a year. That's only the people that we know who would lose money. There could be others.

hognol

With all the increases in our co-payments Jan 1,  you might see more people opting out.

hognol

Quote from: worker341 on December 15, 2014, 11:09:27 PM
Our contract should be up soon. I think we should all sign a pettion stating the number thing we want is stop the opt out program.

I think with all the problems we face with the expiration of our contact and Pioneers contract with the city, most importantly the EPP, opting out should be on the bottom of that list.