Possible Re-election, Thank God

Started by Stugots, February 12, 2015, 01:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

Found 2 counts of corruption by the National Labor Board.  Go to 1181 ATU website.  We might get one more shot at getting rid of  " give back" Mike, the Great Negotiator.  No pay next week and no pay Easter week.    How about that great Medical we got.  We need new blood.     

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

By the way, did you read the part that says "The DOL is not seeking the disqualification of any candidate and is not reversing the results of the election" ...?

24yrs1181

As someone who was personally there at the scene of the crime, so to speak , and witnessed all the drama of that day first hand , I wrote a post on this site while the days events were fresh in mind , it was honest , descriptive and congratulatory .  For those who would like to be refreshed of the events surrounding the validity of ballots not counted in our most recent union election  I will repost my article written that day.
1181 Matters / Re: Cordiello Slate Wins
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:59:05 AM »
I think it is best for everyone if I don't speculate as to why these particular 623 ballots were targeted by the union lawyers to be discarted , my opinion only counts in my own living room, I will state another fact as I know it, there were a little more than 200 ballots, part of the 623, that the union came back to us at a late hour willing to allow those to be opened and counted without giving any reason why those particular ballots were to be separated form the 623, the Salerno lawyers stated that in the best interest of a fair election, an election that was too close to have any mistakes made at the last minute, that no proof was given as to why the 623 were originally to be discarded and thrown in the garbage and no reason why then the other 200 were to be put back into play, that the only fair direction to precede forward at that time was for both parties to view the names of the 623 as a whole, make a determination as to the validity of the ballots and have them honored and counted, or not, this is what the Cordiello lawyers refused to allow and why this election has not finalized beyond any reasonable doubt, you want to know why, I cant tell you that , only Michael can, I would think if he were losing in the count by 155 he would make every opportunity to have every vote count. NOW, on another note,  today is fathers day and today family is more important than the 623 election ballots, may all you father's who work hard every day and try to make an honest living and make a better life for your family's, may you enjoy this day and every day, fraternally yours , John Israel10
1181 Matters / Re: Cordiello Slate Wins
« on: June 14, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »
So I am going to answer Proud Members questions, he asked them like a gentleman, unlike that pinhead out there, first 24yrs1181 is  John Israel , you can see that as I sign what I post, I was trying only to fill in the gaps on the election results that Buzz did not have at that time. So the important question is in in reference to the 623 , in my best opinion the unions eligible mailing list at some point was like a Chinese fire drill, thousands getting taken off, many hundreds being put back on, displaced workers having their union dues being checked before ballot mailings,also members that had been placed in multiple companies after Atlantic were checked if they had any gaps in dues collection before being placed back on the list, lets just say it was a shit storm of eligibility problems that for the most part were corrected to the point that the union issued their ballot mailing list out to their printer. At the counting  the union said that the 623 in question were ballots of ineligible members that were mailed out in error, Salerno's lawyers asked for the names of the 623 so we could check it against our list of eligible voters and the Cordiello lawyers refused the give the names, and that is where it stands as of today, 623 unopened and un counted sealed in a box until the lawyers figure it out, 1 union said it best, this is for the lawyers to work on,  now is the time to make sure that our industry, and our jobs are not flushed down the toilette, this mayor needs give us back the dam EPP, that contract that keeps the citys children the safest transported school children in the country, and the union needs to bring us all back to ONE UNION ONE CONTRACT, and then, maybe, we can begin to regain some of what what was taken from us,, its enough allready!!!  fraternally yours , John Israel

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on February 12, 2015, 01:39:07 AM
...    How about that great Medical we got. ...

Agree with you there. They couldn't increase what we contribute without a new contract, so they seriously devalued what we do pay for. Those of us who live in New York went from our plan being a "PPO" to being a "POS" ... and we all know what that stands for.

This is wrong. We voted for a contract that increased our contribution towards the coverage we had... NOT this POS.

As a result, a doctor I've gone to for years wouldn't accept it ... he's "out of network" ... and he said, "Your union sold you guys down the river." But he did add, "Not just yours ... a lot of them."

(Oddly, guys who live in Jersey said their ID numbers did not change and it still says "PPO" on their cards. Only difference is the co-pays.)

Grrr

[/quote]

so they seriously devalued what we do pay for.
[/quote]

Who is "they"?

Buzz

I would assume such changes are up to the Board of Trustees.

Grrr

Stugots

I am only saying that how can it be a fair election if not all the ballots were counted.   Another thing, if your going to have an election, wouldn't it be smart for both sides to have an updated list of all members and their addreses.  It's not professional.  The point was made that some ballots were not counted.  Shouldn't the membership know the reason for that.  I don't know if anyone can fix this now, but I would sure like to see if someone else can. If we get an extension and/or keep the EPP, we still have alot to lose.  The ship is sinking.  The medical was a HUGE loss.  Maybe someone else can do a better job.  Isn't it worth a try.  It's a gamble, but we already know that this leadership is not working.  Remember members how much money we are paying this guy.  It may never happen, but we have the right to a fair election.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.       

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I live in NY. Exactly what is the difference between PPO & POS? Also FYI my new card with the new copayments on it says "Empire POS" then right next to it in a box it says "PPO".
?????

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 12, 2015, 08:40:34 PM
Buzz
I live in NY. Exactly what is the difference between PPO & POS? Also FYI my new card with the new copayments on it says "Empire POS" then right next to it in a box it says "PPO".
?????

Here is an article that gives a basic rundown of the differences ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/whats-the-best-health-plan-for-you-hmo-ppo-epo-or-pos/2014/08/25/772f96a8-27c1-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

I researched a number of articles, and none of them seem to give exactly the same information. I called Empire, and the rep's explanation was sketchy, at best. When I asked if a doctor gets paid less under a POS than a PPO she was somewhat elusive, saying it depends on the doctor's contract with them. I find it hard to believe they have individual contracts with thousands of doctors and pay different amounts for the same services. However, getting less than they did under a PPO is the only reason I could see for a doctor no longer wanting to be in the network. (And all they have to do is apply to be included.)

What I was able to get out of that conversation was the little "box" that says PPO is actually a suitcase ... when you travel outside of the NYC area the plan is a PPO. (Probably explains why Jersey guys still have only PPO.)

mirrorcheck

Sorry to hear the conditions look like they have gotten worse. I can't believe what I am seeing.  Hope you guys prevail.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

hognol

Here are the words in paragraph 1 in a letter from 1181 prior to 1/1/15.

There will be a change in the network of participating providers available through Empire. This means that a limited number of providers will no longer be in network. So, before you receive services from a provider on or after 1/1/15, please make sure to check on Empire's website to confirm the provider is still in the network. When you go to the website and click on "Find a doctor", if you are selecting New York State, the Plan/Network would be direct POS, not PPO. If you are selecting any other State, you would select "Find a Doctor" using the same method that you were previously , which would be Empire PPO.