Getting Nowhere

Started by Buzz, October 30, 2015, 01:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Yesterday somebody posted a question asking about the negotiation meeting. The poster apparently deleted it him/her self before I had a chance to talk to Ernie and reply.

Anyway, talked to Ernie last night and our strike vote did not have any effect on the willingness of the company to "move forward" in the collective bargaining process. Guess we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

However, Micheal did have a meeting with the deputy mayor's office yesterday and I'll let you know if anything productive came of that when I hear from Ernie again. (As of last night he was not able to get in touch with Michael.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
You state that as per Ernie our strike vote has no effect on Neil. Do you know if Neil & the Union has actually sat down and negotiated since the vote? If yes was there a mediator/arbitrator present in that meeting?

Buzz

Yes, there was a meeting Wednesday and yes, there was a mediator present.

NADA!

Air_Brakes

That's enough.  This place has gone so far downhill.  From mgt to the union, to dealing with edp drivers with cell phones who should be fired instead they're still driving children around.  Very soon there should be a three day walkout without notice.  Come on already.  I'm not talking full out strike but let's wake up.  Get the union drivers out of the office except Andy and Ernie, they should not be there .  It doesn't matter what they do, stop filling runs, start at start time and let's change some things around here.  Sorry for the rant  >:( :thumbdown:

yabba

bravo bravo  airbrakes....   we in big trouble ... the only thing we have in our favor ernie but he is only 1 man other then him we are in sad sad shape...

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on October 30, 2015, 04:00:47 PM
... dealing with edp drivers with cell phones who should be fired instead they're still driving children around....

LOL ... and we've got some EDP drivers even when they're not in their buses or on the phone ...

sbdriver1

Buzz

EDP = Emotionally Disturbed Person  :wave:

gigi11744

LMR

Yup!!And we certainly have a few EDP's around here starting right at the top.

worker341

Well said air brakes, Lets all walk now not later I am ready to go, The whether is great better then cold.

Rock Steady

Air Brakes, many of us feel the same.  But there's also a few words I don't want to hear coming out of any of our elected officials mouths. For instance, I don't want to hear, "this is the best we could do", or "This is the best contract out there", or "a no vote is a strike vote". I don't want them trying to make us feel sorry for Neal, because I don't. Don't put an embarrassingly ridiculous offer in front of us and ask us to vote it in because "its the best out there", because I wont. And don't pull that bull shit "a no vote is a strike vote" on us. Because as far as I'm concerned this is what we should do, strike. Don't use it as scare tactic to try and scare your own members. I heard a lot of tough talk during our refresher course about going out the gate if we got a bullshit offer or if he didn't bargain. What happened ?   Listen 1181, don't get off the bargaining table unless you get our stuff back. Don't put some bullshit offer in front of us, I'm not buying it.  DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS.