Back to work on April 20th?

Started by Eucerin, March 25, 2020, 01:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

Actually, I'm was hoping to go back to work on April 20th... listening to news report in NYC,  I am concerned. I realize it is over three weeks away and this is a fast changing situation. Good luck to all and be safe.

yabba

waiting on the stimulus package details so far it looks like bosses are saving 6 1/2% on the payroll tax ... we may be better off on Unemployment ...have to see the full details when its signed...

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on March 25, 2020, 01:35:27 PM
Actually, I'm was hoping to go back to work on April 20th... listening to news report in NYC,  I am concerned. I realize it is over three weeks away and this is a fast changing situation. Good luck to all and be safe.

I still think there's a good chance of going back on the 20th, just my opinion. I'm not saying this shouldn't be taken seriously or that we shouldn't take precautions, but this thing has been so over-hyped it's ridiculous and de Blasio and Cuomo only ramp up the fear and panic.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on March 25, 2020, 03:17:10 PM
waiting on the stimulus package details so far it looks like bosses are saving 6 1/2% on the payroll tax ... we may be better off on Unemployment ...have to see the full details when its signed...

How would we be better off on unemployment?

LMR

My question also.What does the fact that the employers save 61/2 percent payroll tax have to do with us being better off on unemployment.Explain if you an please. Thanks!

sbdriver1

I'm not sure if this virus will be contained by April 20th. So from a health standpoint, I'm not sure if going back on April 20th is a good idea.

PROUD MEMBER

No way is unemployment better!
85% pay is more than unemployment and more importantly
No Pay means No Medical

J.T.

Some people are nuts ,I will take my 85% and my medical. And I take this Very serious and I don't think we will be back to work on April 20 that's my opinion . :crazy:

Buzz

Oh, yaaaaaabba ... you got some 'splainin' to do.   ;D ;D ;D

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on March 26, 2020, 12:37:42 AM

No more drinking.   :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on March 26, 2020, 12:40:19 AM
Quote from: Buzz on March 26, 2020, 12:37:42 AM

No more drinking.   :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

LOL ... that explains it!

LMAO

The President just announced on Fox News that unemployment will be covering 100% of your salary under this bill as long as the do nothing Dumbacrates pass it in the house !!! Let's hope so. Be safe  ,Trump 2020 🇺🇸

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on March 27, 2020, 03:33:27 AM
The President just announced on Fox News that unemployment will be covering 100% of your salary under this bill as long as the do nothing Dumbacrates pass it in the house !!! Let's hope so. Be safe  ,Trump 2020 🇺🇸

Hmm ... does that mean 1oo% or our 100% salary ... or 100% or our 85% salary?

Either way, rather get paid the way we are now and know the benes are covered.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on March 27, 2020, 11:20:49 AM

:drink_beer: :drink_beer: :drink_beer: :drink_beer:

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on March 27, 2020, 11:20:49 AM

i think it could mean we would get 1104.00 a week from UE...this was my point earlier in the week ,when everyone jumped...   and yes benefits are a big thing,but maybe we can benefit for the month of july ..i think this is for 4 months as of now..   :drink_beer: :drink_beer:    and lets not forget corporations will get more then the working man will get also... as usual...