Back to work on April 20th?

Started by Eucerin, March 25, 2020, 01:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

So do we know if we will keep getting paid after April 20th? Or not yet? Also do we know for sure if accrual check is a live check? Or direct deposit?

PROUD MEMBER

I don't know if true or not and in case it comes to it maybe one of our Pioneer internet Gurus (Buzz) and check on this ahead of time. I was told by a small business owner (who has approximately 50 employees) that in the case of employees on unemployment that the businesses will continue to pay into Medical benefits for their employees and then be reimbursed by the government (federal or state, I don't know). If true, I also don't know if this is available to big businesses and/or Union companies which obviously have contracts.

Buzz

Didn't hear anything about that. What the bill does include is $600 per week of unemployment benefits ADDED to our state benefits (for 4 months), which would give those of us at top pay almost exactly what we're getting at 85%. Lower salaried employees would probably come out ahead. But of course, the medical coverage is an important consideration.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

Is there a possibility that while collecting unemoloyment we would still have our benefits? During the summer months we keep our benefits. Just wondering....

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 27, 2020, 03:32:33 PM
Is there a possibility that while collecting unemoloyment we would still have our benefits? During the summer months we keep our benefits. Just wondering....

Anything's possible, but let's make it to the 20th first and take it from there.

(And don't forget, we make up those summer months when we go back to work.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.