Consolidated Got Their Marching Orders

Started by Buzz, August 28, 2020, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Sent to me by one of our message board members ...

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Buzz

OMG

yabba

PROUD MEMBER

Consolidated to the best of my knowledge has both General & Special Ed runs. I believe they might even have more General then Special.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 28, 2020, 06:01:37 PM
Consolidated to the best of my knowledge has both General & Special Ed runs. I believe they might even have more General then Special.

I think you're right.

Hammer2161

Did they get marching orders because we are definitively going back to work or because Consolidated is just trying to be proactive?? Although I for one would take that as a positive sign the BOE and the Principals and Teachers still haven't come to a definitive answer.

If they tell us all to come in and pick up our routes will our accrual money and opt out money be attached. As usual it appears they expect the drivers to be ready at a moments notice with out any guidance nor advice as to when we are getting the money owed to us. Pray tell may I ask what the executive board at 1181 is doing. I feel like we are being left to fend for ourselves, what happened to the demands list that 1181 so famously put out about two months ago.

I would greatly appreciate some sort of communication from our union concerning money owed to us along with what is expected of us if this school year actually starts on September 10th. We are supposed to be in our buses in 13 days yet me know absolutely nothing. This is a disgrace !!!!

Air_Brakes

This so called union is the worst. When is Cordiello going to put his foot down. No information means they don't give a fuck. Go to the news for goodness sakes.  Ernie means we'll but he's not the president, Vice President he's on the board.  The union has to take a stance to show their members.

faceit

Quote from: Air_Brakes on August 28, 2020, 09:48:59 PM
This so called union is the worst. When is Cordiello going to put his foot down. No information means they don't give a fuck. Go to the news for goodness sakes.  Ernie means we'll but he's not the president, Vice President he's on the board.  The union has to take a stance to show their members.

They are a joke
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 28, 2020, 09:37:17 PM
I would greatly appreciate some sort of communication from our union concerning money owed to us along with what is expected of us if this school year actually starts on September 10th. We are supposed to be in our buses in 13 days yet me know absolutely nothing. This is a disgrace !!!!

The arbitration was today so we should be hearing something very shortly.

I understand what you mean about the communication but Michael did update us the best he could as I posted on 8/14 On the 1181 Matters forum. We know absolutely nothing because OPT has told the union absolutely nothing ... as you have seen in various articles I've posted. They're as much in the dark as we are. It sucks, but it's not the union's fault.

yabba

I understand your point buzz.    But the companies know what's going on.  IC also has their drivers and matron coming back on the 10th.   When are we going back on our medical.  Where is our vacation checks.   Companies are back in business it seems.    We need answers for our healthcare and monies owed. 

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on August 28, 2020, 09:48:59 PM

How does no information equate to them not giving a fuck? Michael gave us as much information as he could with his 8/14 update.

What stance do you want the union to take? Please elaborate. The union is at the mercy of OPT. They can't force them to give information ... which I'm willing to bet, OPT does not even have themselves. I really don't think they have developed a solid plan for busing. There's nothing the union can do about that.

Hammer2161

It may not be entirely 1181's fault but enough is enough. It is time to fight for what is right for us.
Many of us are financially strapped and yet regardless of the provisions being made they are still willing to go back even though potentially they are being placed in harms way.

This all is quite possibly to little to late !!!!

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 28, 2020, 10:39:42 PM
I understand your point buzz.    But the companies know what's going on.  IC also has their drivers and matron coming back on the 10th.   When are we going back on our medical.  Where is our vacation checks.   Companies are back in business it seems.    We need answers for our healthcare and monies owed.

A lot of companies DO know what's going on, but as of 5 minutes ago, Ernie has still not gotten a definitive answer about Pioneer S.I. They tell him our runs are not ready yet.

I'm pretty sure as soon as we go back to work our coverage will kick in.

We'll hear about the accrual arbitration very soon, I believe.