Consolidated Got Their Marching Orders

Started by Buzz, August 28, 2020, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 28, 2020, 10:45:22 PM
It may not be entirely 1181's fault but enough is enough. It is time to fight for what is right for us.
Many of us are financially strapped and yet regardless of the provisions being made they are still willing to go back even though potentially they are being placed in harms way.

This all is quite possibly to little to late !!!!

Not "entirely" 1181's fault? How is it their fault at all? They've been trying tirelessly for MONTHS to get answers from the city ... even though you guys think they've been doing nothing.

When you say it's time for them to fight for us, what exactly do you mean? They should tell OPT, "Tell us what's going on or else." Or else what? They're going to intimidate the city? Probably not a good strategy right now.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Touch a nerve did I ?  The facts are simple we are 13 days away from the start of potentially a new school year and we as drivers know absolutely nothing. Have any of the requests 1181 asked for in that letter that was posted here been met as of yet.

The problem as I see it is many on here flip flop with what's going on at the moment. If we all are so very concerned as we should be and deserve to be we need answers. I am not asking the union to potentially threaten the city but I am asking that we have a consistent approach as to what we want and need before we return to work. Hell if most on here are willing to go back at whatever cost then cudo's to you and them. As I stated once before 1 life lost because we were not prepared will be 1 life to many !!!!

But at least the office staff will be safe they made sure of that.

faceit

Quote from: Buzz on August 28, 2020, 10:50:21 PM
Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 28, 2020, 10:45:22 PM
It may not be entirely 1181's fault but enough is enough. It is time to fight for what is right for us.
Many of us are financially strapped and yet regardless of the provisions being made they are still willing to go back even though potentially they are being placed in harms way.

This all is quite possibly to little to late !!!!

Not "entirely" 1181's fault? How is it their fault at all? They've been trying tirelessly for MONTHS to get answers from the city ... even though you guys think they've been doing nothing.

When you say it's time for them to fight for us, what exactly do you mean? They should tell OPT, "Tell us what's going on or else." Or else what? They're going to intimidate the city? Probably not a good strategy right now.
I wouldn't say they where doing nothing I seen them on Facebook flipping burgers and giving out hot dogs
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 28, 2020, 11:04:50 PM
Touch a nerve did I ?  The facts are simple we are 13 days away from the start of potentially a new school year and we as drivers know absolutely nothing. Have any of the requests 1181 asked for in that letter that was posted here been met as of yet.

Touch my nerve? I'm not the union. Say whatever you want. You just don't want to understand that we know absolutely nothing because they have been told absolutely nothing.

Hammer2161

Buzz I totally understand that. Believe me I truly do, but all the other unions involved in the start up of this coming year are out there making what is in some cases crazy demands. All I am asking is for a consistent approach as to what it is we want and deserve as drivers so we can hopefully be as safe as we deserve to be as well. Potentially we will come in closer contact with these children them some of their teachers might.

I read what it is you write and I take the time to read the links you post. And I do honestly believe you are very concerned. I feel like we have gone from a complete standstill to 75 miles an hour because all of a sudden the BOE realizes fuck what about busing. And unfortunately I believe they feel we will go back without any safety measures in place. I for one am hoping that is not true. Because OUR LIVES MATTER AS WELL !!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 28, 2020, 11:26:53 PM
I read what it is you write and I take the time to read the links you post. And I do honestly believe you are very concerned. I feel like we have gone from a complete standstill to 75 miles an hour because all of a sudden the BOE realizes fuck what about busing. And unfortunately I believe they feel we will go back without any safety measures in place. I for one am hoping that is not true. Because OUR LIVES MATTER AS WELL !!!!

Thank you for that and I agree with you 100%.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 28, 2020, 11:26:53 PM
Buzz I totally understand that. Believe me I truly do, but all the other unions involved in the start up of this coming year are out there making what is in some cases crazy demands. All I am asking is for a consistent approach as to what it is we want and deserve as drivers so we can hopefully be as safe as we deserve to be as well. Potentially we will come in closer contact with these children them some of their teachers might.

I know what you're saying. The union presented our safety proposals to the DOE months ago and they have not changed, to my knowledge. They have gotten absolutely NO response from them on that or anything else for that matter. There literally has been ZERO communication. You probably won't believe me, but the union is just as frustrated and angry as we are, and they have been trying incessantly to hear something ... anything ... but the ball in in the city's court.

WigWag16

Great news! Hopefully by mid week next week we get calls to pick our stuff up as well from Pioneer

Hammer2161

Buzz, that's fair enough. I just hope that along with potentially picking up our runs we hear something about safety protocols and money owed to us.

Let's try to keep the peace my brother !!!!