child let off at the wrong stop

Started by bug, September 08, 2012, 03:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Driver's fault for not speaking the kid's language ... whatever it is.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

What a turn of events ,happy to hear nice people got involved.We as drivers are transporting kids whose Parents dont speak english,turns out the child doesnt either. The parent doesnt "know Staten Island that well" according to the article.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

How can you teach a kid who can't speak a word of English? How can the teacher communicate with the parents?

One of our drivers who emigrated from Italy when he was in his early teens was telling once how it was mandatory that his father could speak English before being allowed here. His father also had to prove he had a job and could provide for his family without reliance on the government. How far we have strayed.

It was actually the Immigration Act of 1965 under Lyndon Johnson that started our immigration policy on a downward spiral ... lifting country-of-origin quotas that had been in effect since the 20's. The floodgates have been opened wider ever since.

mirrorcheck

Buzz,exactly. Its the same when we hear of drivers in other boros that cant speak the language.The signs are in english.How can any state let a person obtain a license driving a commercial vehicle(or even a car) get behind a wheel,turning the vehicle  into a weapon because maybe a sign that doesnt get read properly causes an accident. Clearly we need someone to unite this country and get laws enforced that are being ignored because it suits a  political partys voting interests.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

I don't think it's just in other boros where drivers can't speak English fluently. I thought it was an OPT prerequisite.

Things will get better under Romney, but I don't think curbing illegal immigration will be included.

Yankees15

If you think things will get better under Rommney , you better learn a foreign language and move , Or as I like to call him rob- me. I may not be in the 47% rob-me  does not care about but I'm not far. and PS: I believe we are all desecendents of immigrants in ths country. So hakem con sincun  my friend .

Grrr

Quote from: Yankees15 on October 03, 2012, 05:39:35 PM
So hakem con sincun  my friend .

Can anyone translate this?   Looks foreign to me.

Buzz

Quote from: Yankees15 on October 03, 2012, 05:39:35 PM
If you think things will get better under Rommney , you better learn a foreign language and move , Or as I like to call him rob- me. I may not be in the 47% rob-me  does not care about but I'm not far. and PS: I believe we are all desecendents of immigrants in ths country. So hakem con sincun  my friend .

Nonetheless ... if the choice were between Obama and a tree stump, I'd vote for the tree stump.

mirrorcheck

None of Romeys Policies caused the last 4 years....wo why not?When he said 47% he spoke the truth. I will take a SHot at Romney,things have only gotten worse over the last 4,not enough time,nor do I care  to list all my friend.