Yesterday's article

Started by Manwithabus, May 11, 2013, 02:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manwithabus

Good morning Buzz.  What is your opinion on the article in yesterday's paper?    I don't remember if it was the News or the Post.   Thanks..

yabba

it was in the ny post.... its all a mess and noone has answers for us...all we can do is sit back and keep watching our paycheck dewindle down...hard to believe we pay union dues.. NLRB must be out catching up on golf or something..

also there is a letter from michael on the 1181 website how they sat down with our bosses..no indication of it was good bad or maybe a little hope,just more bs thrown our way....next week michael going to give us a letter stating our bosses kids need braces

Buzz

I assume you're referring to this article ... http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/city_strikes_non_union_school_bus_DWdS235VOtFaAHwxcCSJkK

Being companies who were targets of bribery probes had their contracts extended, I believe all the more that a company with a record like Pioneer's will have no problem getting theirs extended ... all the more indication that there is absolutely NO REASON for us to be cut ANYTHING at this point in time.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on May 11, 2013, 03:10:43 PM
also there is a letter from michael on the 1181 website how they sat down with our bosses..no indication of it was good bad or maybe a little hope,just more bs thrown our way....next week michael going to give us a letter stating our bosses kids need braces

The letter of May 8 ... http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DOE-UPDATE-LTR-05-08-20131.pdf ... for all intent and purposes said nothing, because there was nothing new to say. The companies did not show any willingness to concede on any issues. If you ask me, the meeting was premature and silly, absent word from the NLRB.

yabba

where the %uck is the NLRB.... >:( >:(

grimreaper

Maybe we should put more into the cope fund. What bs!!! ;D >:(

mirrorcheck

Democrat President with all the things that have worked against the Unionized working man,the least youd think you can get is a fair and quick ruling from the NLRB. Cant even get that,what a disgrace.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Rock Steady

Who believes that the membership, certain websites and/or the internet, is responsible for the downward spiral of this union or industry ? I'm not pointing fingers or passing judgement at all, I'm just taking a survey.  Who do you believe is responsible for the shape we're in ? Honestly.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on May 12, 2013, 05:45:28 PMWho do you believe is responsible for the shape we're in ? Honestly.

One person and one person only: Michael Bloomberg.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on May 12, 2013, 05:45:28 PM
Who believes that the membership, certain websites and/or the internet, is responsible for the downward spiral of this union or industry ?

Just what are you implying? ? ?

Rock Steady

I agree with you buzz, 100%.  It's just somenting I heard thats bothering me, thats all.  Some people feel differently, heard it with my own ears.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on May 13, 2013, 03:09:15 AM
I agree with you buzz, 100%.  It's just somenting I heard thats bothering me, thats all.  Some people feel differently, heard it with my own ears.

They blame this website and/or Facebook for our predicament? And these are people who are subject to random drug tests?

Amazing.