Claim Unemployment 7/7

Started by Buzz, July 07, 2013, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Don't forget to file a claim ... or open a new book.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

I filed for unemployment last week for the 2 days the previous week ((end of school week) because I didn't earn $ 405.00 . I received the confirmation page that it was submitted. Now when I went to file for last week just now it said "I haven't filed since 1/27/13 ,is this because you returned to work?" Now when I filed last week I had to go thru all the questions regarding the company I work for and so forth. Now they are asking for that information again this week as far as the Company info as if I never filed last week. I should also note that I had to open up a new book while we were on strike. Anyone have any insight as to why I would have to give all the company info again and also why my last claim wasn't processed? :crazy:

rc1790

If you made less than 405 for the three days they will count 1 day towards your waiting week if you open a new book. The following week they will use 3 additional days towards the waiting week and you will get paid for 1 day that week. After you fill out all the information, online (answer questions) call the phone number to complete the certification. Golfnut you probably didn't call the telephone number to complete the process.

Golfnut

No, I didn't! I didn't realize you had to do that! I just figured it was automatic! Thank you!!!

Golfnut

If I was out of work 2 days and filed a claim for those two days ,why do they only count 1 day ? And the next week I'm out of work five days and they only count 3? I don't understand that...

rc1790

Unemployment bases it on a 4 day week for benefits. A waiting week is 4 days. You count 1 day from the last week worked and the remaining 3 are taken from the following week. In this case it would leave you with a partial payment of 1 day.

Golfnut

Thank you! I guess I will have to call tomorrow ... I also claimed unemployment Easter time because I only got paid Christmas week... So I guess I need to straighten it out! I appreciate your help! Thanks again!!