January pick.

Started by grimreaper, August 28, 2013, 09:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimreaper

The next pick is in January. Not November it would have been nice if they would have told us before we picked. But they are saying its the board of Ed. Bullshit a lot of people that picked certain schools are now screwed if they had plans to go away for x-mas. Once again thank our union. Don't let them tell you it's the boards saying, my friend works at the board of Ed, he said they have nothing to do when we pick.

Squid

The whining never ends.... :cry2:

yabba

theres lots of rumors..lets give ernie a chance to clearify this for us..if its true nothing was mentioned at the meeting or the picks when it should have,but again lets wait for ernie to give us the TRUTH,,,,,,

Just_Right

You pu$$ie's are unreal. Stop the freaking bull$hit and be happy you have a job. If you have been here long enough you wouldn't be waiting on your ass to be wiped. You would know the pick is when the BOE says it is.And if your friend works for BOE then tell him to tell the truth and stop blowing $hit up your ass. Geesh,we didn't even have our first day of work yet and already complaining. Stop blaming the union. If you're so insecure about your vacation why you don't just go to Ernie and ask him when the pick is and who decides when we can pick.I seen Ernie taking lots of questions today in the drivers room and he always explains everything. No hidden agenda there.Lots of people were asking about the next pick and I heard him say January or February, but he wasn't sure.

Just_Right

Sorry to inform you I am NO ONE'S ass kisser. I just tell the truth.
I have no reason to lie,don't get upset with me because I won't bash the union and Ernie.I heard what he said,so perhaps you didn't.
But you seem to have information that one else does. Again,if your that head on about getting the right info.Go to Ernie or Andy and ask them yourself.

Squid

grimreaper...you been on this site 2 1/2 years with 26 posts, all of them negative. you hate the union, management , the people in the office and now you are calling your co-workers names.  I can't figure why you stay if its so terrible.

Just_Right

Nope don't need a pat on my back.I just speak  the truth,I don't kiss no ones ass.dont have to. and I'm sorry you feel so angry with the union.but in all honesty we won't have what we have now.Aside from what bloomy took from us that the union is fighting to get back As Squid said all your posts are negative.So perhaps you should leave.No one should work a job that they seem to hate so much.So it's time to realize that without the union you would be in the same place of the other companies that went out of buisness .

Buzz

Never knew the DoE to dictate when we pick, though they dictate everything else. Used to be only one pick for regular ed runs. Some years back the union, (not the DoE), made it 2 picks, just like special ed. Second pick used to be in January. 5 or 6 years ago the union, (not the DoE), decided it would be in November. Also used to pick Easter week work. The union, (not the DoE), put an end to that years ago. (Though when they got flack for it, put the blame on the DoE.)

If the DoE is all of a sudden intervening now, which is always possible, it would be a first. However, contractors have maintained that a November pick saves them money and I could see the union no longer wishing to do that, under the circumstances. I'll get a definitive answer from Ernie.

Notwithstanding, after last year's experience ... no November pick because of Sandy ... no January pick because of the strike ... it would have been prudent to pick for the long haul.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

grimreaper

yabba

buzz we also picked the jewish school runs for christmas week..and yes we only picked once a year,so if you were on a sped run you had to pick sped again in august unless you got a reired guys reg ed run...wow those were the days..

Squid

grimreaper...your pay and benefits have been restored back to what they were on March 22 before he cut it and imposed new terms on us. You know why?..... Because your union took him to Federal Court and won an injunction.  You can thank your union. :yes:

grimreaper

Thank them, I been paying them for 20 years they should do there job for once. You must be running for a job up there. Brownie :))

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 29, 2013, 11:24:51 PM
buzz we also picked the jewish school runs for christmas week..and yes we only picked once a year,so if you were on a sped run you had to pick sped again in august unless you got a reired guys reg ed run...wow those were the days..

Yep, forgot about Christmas week, thanks.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.