Friday: First 85% Pay Day?

Started by Buzz, January 02, 2014, 01:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Thursday night into Friday ... significant snow predicted. Let's see how the new mayor and chancellor call it!

(Carmen Farina ... first chancellor appointment that's made sense in years if you ask me.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Squid

Buzz, rumor is with the new contract if schools are closed you have to show up on the property to get paid.  True or false?

PROUD MEMBER

Any truth to Squid's question about having to show up even if schools are closed?

Buzz

To my knowledge, this is not something stipulated by contract but rather a matter of company policy. To date, if you KNOW FOR SURE public schools (and your private schools) are closed, we have not been required to report.  I have no reason to believe that has changed, but I will check with Ernie and post again later.

(When I left this afternoon, there was a list of about a dozen non-public schools that already announced they will be closed tomorrow.)

yabba

we will be working , i cant believe i just heard this man say about how dangerous of a storm this is,stay off the streets,use mass transit,dorherty says how they will plow snow and it will blow right back on the street and then says schools are opened as of now...lol... they dont have enough information to close the schoools yet...wake up everyone we are all screwed.. :wave: :wave:

PROUD MEMBER

It's a New Year & a New Mayor. After this past year a little bit of faith and encouragement couldn't & wouldn't hurt. Don't get me wrong everyone has their own opinion and I respect that but I personally am sick of the negativity. For those of you who constantly keep saying "The New Mayor will not make a difference, our Union Reps don't care or this Job is Over With" why don't you just quit now and give someone who needs and cares a job? OTHERWISE BE A UNION BROTHER AND DO SOMETHING POSITIVE TO HELP THIS LOCAL!!!

Buzz

DoE posted this about an hour ago:

"Assume schools will be open tomorrow. A decision will be made early on Friday morning if schools are to be closed. All after school programs, field trips, and PSAL events are canceled for tomorrow, Jan 3."

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 02, 2014, 11:58:11 PM
... they dont have enough information to close the schoools yet..

What? They don't get the Weather channel? We're having a fu#king blizzard ... how much information do they need?  ;D

Goose623

Whether schools are open or not I am not working tomorrow!!! I am not risking mine or the kids safety.. Put chains on the tires then I will work..

Buzz

OK ... If schools are closed and it is not announced by the time you would have to leave your house to make it in for your report time, you have to come in. If it's announced plenty in advance, you don't have to report. YOU SHOULD NOT CALL THE OFFICE TO FIND OUT IF SCHOOLS (public or otherwise) ARE CLOSED.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on January 04, 2014, 03:01:43 AM
This is just the begining of changes with our new contract that most of us voted yes for. Next friday we get only 85% of our pay what dopes we are. Next if we are lucky and there won't be no more snow days we will lose a weeks pay in feb. during our winter recess what fools we are. and to think whenever we get our back pay with no interest we surely are assholes. Now we must live with what most of us done to ourselfs. So starting from me I sadly regret what I did to my brothers and sisters for voting yes on such a worthless contract. Sorry people i too will pay the price forgive me. Happy New Year

No apology necessary. Yes, we were fools not to reject this contract and not have a lesser one forced on us. We are assholes for not being in the position of the Atlantic Express people who are now on the property ... most of whom will not be working after the master pick. What dopes we are for being the ones who they or any of our unemployed 1181 brothers and sisters would gladly trade places with.

We fools must now live with still having decent-paying jobs ... at least through June, 2015,  rather than unemployment ... which will or has already ended for many. We will pay the price of continuing to be the envy of industry. We are fools, indeed.

PROUD MEMBER

Worker 341
Obviously none of us (including the almost 700 that voted yes) are happy with the new contract. But please enough now. At least we're not in the cold on a strike line with no pay check at all or unemployed like a few thousand of our 1181 brothers & sisters. At least at Pioneer we're not working under "The Best & Final Offer" contract. AGAIN I SAY NONE OF US ARE HAPPY WITH THE NEW CONTRACT. The bottom line is under the circumstances of this past year this is the best we could get no matter who is to blame. I personally am sick of hearing the negativity. For now this is what WE (as a whole at Pioneer) agreed with. Live with it, stop complaining (because it does nothing but pull us apart) about it and do something POSITIVE about it.