Backpay Discrepancies

Started by Buzz, February 04, 2014, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

If you think there was money due that was missing from your retro check, there is a process for addressing same. See Cathy in the office, she'll give you a form to fill out. You can't say "I think it should be more" or anything that vague. It must be specific, for instance, "Due additional day's pay for working last All-Boro day"  ... or whatever your particular issue is.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Fed Up

Is there any way the union can give a breakdown of what is owed  according  to seniority or how many years worked and we can figure it out to our own pay scale??

Buzz

Quote from: Fed Up on February 06, 2014, 10:16:39 PM
Is there any way the union can give a breakdown of what is owed  according  to seniority or how many years worked and we can figure it out to our own pay scale??

I don't know what they could tell you. On your check ...

Rae = number of summer accrual checks you get times your weekly pay
Rgh = 7 1/2% of your weekly salary times 10 weeks
Rsa = 1 week Easter accrual (unless you were not here long enough to get it)
Rsh = 7 1/2% of your weekly salary times number of weeks you worked in the summer (if you did)

If you worked on All Boro Day you will probably have to fill out a form requesting it. (Same for Good Friday if you worked the Thursday before.)

Golfnut

Besides All Boro Day and Good Friday are there any other days anybody knows of that I'm forgetting? I had a Catholic and a Public School last year ... I'm not here long enough for the Easter Accrual Check. I just get the Christmas one ... Thanks in Advance...

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on February 25, 2014, 02:53:47 PM
Besides All Boro Day and Good Friday are there any other days anybody knows of that I'm forgetting? I had a Catholic and a Public School last year ... I'm not here long enough for the Easter Accrual Check. I just get the Christmas one ... Thanks in Advance...

Not that I can think of. You can try for an extra day for you birthday if you worked.  ;D

Moose

Golfnut