New Referral Program

Started by Buzz, May 27, 2017, 03:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Uncle Buck on May 31, 2017, 03:42:01 AM
Buzz,the starting salary wouldn't be so bad if there was a pay scale in place.Members hired after April 1 2013 are at the mercy of the owner every contract.How many new hires have quit in the last few years because of the pay and lack of benefits.

Agree ... that is essentially what I said.

(And if you get hit with a $400 violation it wipes out a week's take-home.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on May 27, 2017, 10:46:33 PM
Could be, but if so, ask yourself what made it that way? The dime droppers that brought down our previous president

That's not even close to what really happened.  And everyone knows it.

But I do wish he was back.  The new guy isn't cutting it.

Quote from: Uncle Buck on May 31, 2017, 03:31:05 AM
Absolutely Buzz, by the time this contract expires in July 2018, I will be here close to 5 years making 70 cents an hour more than someone who is a new hire! I need to see a substantial increase in pay to consider staying and believe me I'm not the only one. I can only imagine the shortage of drivers there is going to be after retirements this summer.

Uncle Buck,  You are making the same as a new hire today. Starting pay has increased with contract raises.

To recruit the candidates they are now looking for in the latest offer, $$$ will need to be substantially raised.    "You get what you pay for" is now being realized.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 28, 2017, 11:47:20 AM
Ur welcome
But I didn't start stirring the shit. I just put it on the stove to let it warm up. Eventually the stirrers will come. Then I'll raise the heat!

Don't be so modest. I give you all the credit. You stirred it up good!  ;D

PROUD MEMBER

Well now that it stirred up a little let's not stop. I'm told Michael will be at Pioneer SI this Friday (6/9). It's not an election year and as I stated things have been pretty quiet. Now is the perfect time to grab him, while tensions aren't high and say what's on your mind. I know I will!!!

Grrr

I hear he's coming to announce that after 11 years, we are finally going to get a pension increase.

Air_Brakes

Where's the notice that the grand poo bah is coming? 

yabba

pension increase and the EPP...  bunch of suckers supporting these fools...   :crazy: :crazy:

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on June 06, 2017, 03:55:45 PM
Where's the notice that the grand poo bah is coming?

Supposedly Andy put one up today. Either I missed it or he put it up after I left.

Grrr

Well, what good news did they bring for the membership?

PROUD MEMBER

I spoke with  Michael in detail Friday morning. And to answer ur question he did not bring any  specific good news and that's bc we're still in the middle of a contract so obviously nothing can change right now. What he did bring was words of encouragement for the future and the future contracts. Obviously, we will have to wait at least another ten months or so before a new contract is put in front of us. A quick few things that I asked and he responded to was .... The EPP is not dead, our medical should not go up a lot, the "new hires" will be taken care of in the coming contract, at this time there is NO discussion about a pension increase,  next contract every  property will basically be under the same contract but they will still be separate contracts ( which he told me would be more beneficial to the union), members that  are under the impression when they go to a Union meeting will not be allowed to speak if they want to are absolutely wrong, he understands Members frustrations and concerns but is trying his best and truly believes he is doing a better job than any other candidate (if they were elected) could. All of the above came straight from Michael.

yabba

well the medical we shall see very soon... :yes: :yes:   michael getting us anything in the next contract like the last 2..  :snicker: :snicker: 

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 11, 2017, 02:34:49 PM
I spoke with  Michael in detail Friday morning....

Sorry I missed it. Had to be better than the Comey interview!!  :rotfl:

faceit

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 11, 2017, 02:34:49 PM
I spoke with  Michael in detail Friday morning. And to answer ur question he did not bring any  specific good news and that's bc we're still in the middle of a contract so obviously nothing can change right now. What he did bring was words of encouragement for the future and the future contracts. Obviously, we will have to wait at least another ten months or so before a new contract is put in front of us. A quick few things that I asked and he responded to was .... The EPP is not dead, our medical should not go up a lot, the "new hires" will be taken care of in the coming contract, at this time there is NO discussion about a pension increase,  next contract every  property will basically be under the same contract but they will still be separate contracts ( which he told me would be more beneficial to the union), members that  are under the impression when they go to a Union meeting will not be allowed to speak if they want to are absolutely wrong, he understands Members frustrations and concerns but is trying his best and truly believes he is doing a better job than any other candidate (if they were elected) could. All of the above came straight from Michael.
Oh thats what michael said then it must be true.....SMFH
All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

None of us no what's true or not. I'm just letting my fellow Members know what he said. Apparently many of us (including myself) are shaking our heads but also apparently that's all that many of us do. If we're lucky maybe 1% of Pioneer SI Members go to the monthly meetings and that in part can be blamed on the location of the meetings (which is  I also addressed with Michael). Having said that Friday morning we all had the opportunity to talk to him whether you're for him or against him. The main thing is we have to be for Our Union & its Members. I was there for an hour Friday morning. During that hour only me and two other Members approached him. That makes me SMFH even more!