Today's Meeting: Bad News

Started by Buzz, January 25, 2019, 03:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Contractors refused to budge an inch to insure our medical benefits would still be intact  2 or 3 years from now. Emergency executive board meeting tomorrow. Doesn't look good.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Two weeks ago Mayor deBlasio said that healthcare is a human right and he will make sure that every resident gets health care even if they're illegal immigrants. I think the amount he is willing to spend in order to make this happen is $100 million. So since we are told that he is for us, why doesn't he kick in another 5 to 10 million to these greedy owners in order for us to keep our health care. At the same time avoid a strike and the chaos it would create not only for us but for the children & parents of the school system. I know I'm going to hear "It's not that easy" but if you listened to the Mayor two weeks ago apparently "It is that easy!"

rc1790

When they hire illegal aliens, only they will be covered.

yabba

how about we start by not covering work ....

LMR

There you go yabba.But then we would actually have to start acting like we are a union.We need leadership with consequences if we "All " don't comply.Dont even start talking about strike.

yabba

a strike will be a very sad time for us all....  the division here is bad ...

yabba

also what companies would be striking... reliant,consolidated ,hoyt are a few big companies not listed on the last letter from 1181... will they be rolling if we hit the streets

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 25, 2019, 04:46:33 PM
also what companies would be striking... reliant,consolidated ,hoyt are a few big companies not listed on the last letter from 1181... will they be rolling if we hit the streets

I believe it will be all 1181 companies even if they were not involved in current negotiations.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 25, 2019, 04:13:49 PM
how about we start by not covering work ....

And who will that hurt?  If runs consistently go uncovered the DOE will take them away and give them to a company that can cover them.

Check your PMs.

yabba

what company can cover them    ...all companies are short drivers.... the pay sucks no one wants to work for peanuts...  pension and welfare fund is dying

Buzz

Reliant could cover ALL of our runs, if necessary. There are certainly others that could cover at least a couple dozen.

yabba

and do you really think you will see reliant honor a strike line.

Buzz

Well, at least the part of them that are 1181.

Air_Brakes

Let's start by having some info put out there as to what's happening at our local leve by our local rep.   Rumors are horrible. Do you hear the crickets.   Having people cover work instead of new hires only destroys our pension and healthcare.  The money is good now but not in the long run.  As far as unity, we still have drivers here that were laughing at us at other locations during the strike.  Oh and don't forget how many visits we got on the line from our board....0.  Not a good situation.

John Eadicicco

I have a long time friend who works at Reliant and he told me months ago they are 100 drivers short!