Today's Meeting: Bad News

Started by Buzz, January 25, 2019, 03:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

I totally agree with Airbrakes......Everytime I mention DO NOT COVER work the 1st thing the idiots bring up is I opted out.........What are you hiding....MUST be something cause I can hear the crickets!🙈🙉🙊

Buzz

There are any number of non-1181 companies that could cover many runs ... like Total, Y & M, Jo Faz and of course, First Student ... which could probably swallow every run from every company in the city.

So if you think Pioneer could not lose runs that they consistently show they can not cover, think again.

And think again when you say "Stop covering work." It's not that simple.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Air_Brakes

Buzz, could you explain why it's not that simple.  I believe there are only a few choices.  If you get told to cover a run by the office then you must, and you must get paid.  Then second if you volunteer.  Many years ago we were told prior to the strike to stop covering runs, and for the most part we did, except for a few and they know who they are.  It is really hurting us and I know you agree.  Hire more people, more money in pension and health.  I know that's not easy for the incoming prospects because both pay and healthcare is lacking

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on January 26, 2019, 11:20:44 PM
Buzz, could you explain why it's not that simple.  I believe there are only a few choices.  If you get told to cover a run by the office then you must, and you must get paid.  Then second if you volunteer.  Many years ago we were told prior to the strike to stop covering runs, and for the most part we did, except for a few and they know who they are.  It is really hurting us and I know you agree.  Hire more people, more money in pension and health.  I know that's not easy for the incoming prospects because both pay and healthcare is lacking

For the very reason I stated above. If Pioneer consistently shows it cannot cover it's  work, we will lose it. Yes, Neil will take a loss, but who loses the most?

Check your PMs.

J.T.

Stop 🛑 coverings the runs bottom line

Buzz

Quote from: J.T. on January 27, 2019, 11:59:59 PM
Stop 🛑 coverings the runs bottom line

Looks good on paper but ... for the umpteenth time ... If runs consistently go uncovered the DOE will take them away and give them to a company that can cover them. So how does losing 20 -30 runs help us? Who loses the most?