Tentative Plan for Safety Classes

Started by Buzz, August 13, 2020, 03:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As per Ernie, classes for Staten Island Pioneer are tentatively scheduled to start Monday, Aug. 17 and continue through the following week. He does not yet have a specific schedule specifying seniority numbers and exact dates/times. There will be 2 classes per day, at 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. The location is yet to be announced. It is expected to be outdoors, under a tent. Seating will be 6 feet apart and masks are mandatory.

People will be contacted by the company via phone and email to be informed of their date and time to attend, as well as the location.

I will, of course, post a schedule and location when I get that info.

Classes will be held at Nucci's 4842 Arthur Kill Rd. (Just past the Outerbridge coming from the yard.) 25 per class.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hideout

Buzz

Apparently the location is Nucci's on Arthur Kill Rd.

Just got a text to attend Monday at 7:30.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 13, 2020, 04:45:01 PM

Apparently the location is Nucci's on Arthur Kill Rd.

Just got a text to attend Monday at 7:30.

Awesome 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

yabba

do we get a breakfast choice or buffett     ;D ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 13, 2020, 07:05:09 PM

The company will provide a Keurig machine but you have to bring your own coffee pod.  ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

Googled "Nucci's South" ... take a gander at the "Street View." A premonition  ... LOL!

https://goo.gl/maps/fd7RkeKNfpnixdcz9

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on August 13, 2020, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: yabba on August 13, 2020, 07:05:09 PM

The company will provide a Keurig machine but you have to bring your own coffee pod.  ;D ;D ;D

i have the donut shop ones   i hope jake doesnt get mad....   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Goose623

So this must be a joke. We have no return date for work. We don't know if busing will be available. Pioneer owes us accrued checks and opt out money. And are union wants us to go to a safety meeting and sit there for 2 hours and not be paid.  Company says jump union says how high. Give us what we are owed before we do anything. Bottom line

PROUD MEMBER

I went by Nucci's today they have a tent that is probably big enough to accommodate 75 people while social distancing.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 13, 2020, 11:10:25 PM
I went by Nucci's today they have a tent that is probably big enough to accommodate 75 people while social distancing.

Does it leave enough room for parking? Surprised the other stores don't complain.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 13, 2020, 09:37:17 PM

i have the donut shop ones   i hope jake doesnt get mad....   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry .... he won't. No more coffee machine in the drivers room ... which is now mostly Andy's office.

PROUD MEMBER

I went by around 2:00pm and it didn't appear to be any problem with parking. I'd assume at 7:30 AM there definitely will not be any problem with parking. If there is going to be a problem then that would probably be between 9 and 9:30 when one class is ending and the other class is going to begin.

WigWag

There's a lot across the street from Nucci's should definitely hold 25 cars.