No More Seniority

Started by Buzz, December 08, 2015, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Senior drivers barely on their new runs a week get schools added or switched (to the opposite side of the Island). With this guy at OPT in total control, for all intent and purposes, seniority means nothing any more ... absolutely nothing.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Thats what happens when you change runs. If it looks to good to be true, it isn't. As they say, be carefull what you wish for. Getting back to the yard 5 or 10 minutes sooner means nothing.

yabba

pick again   like the mta does....we need to take a stand   keep picking if need be 20 times a year so be it...we need to stand up for each other

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on December 08, 2015, 03:33:06 PM
Thats what happens when you change runs. If it looks to good to be true, it isn't. As they say, be carefull what you wish for. Getting back to the yard 5 or 10 minutes sooner means nothing.

But it's the reason some did change runs ... and you still get screwed!!

(And even runs that were already not so good have been changed to worse.)

hognol

Perhaps Yuri and Neil have a relationship that we are not aware of and they are purposely hurting senior drivers.   Just a thought...

worker341

We are losing everything, so I say it again, when do we go on strike.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on December 08, 2015, 11:55:17 PM
Perhaps Yuri and Neil have a relationship that we are not aware of and they are purposely hurting senior drivers.   Just a thought...

He would only have to replace them with senior drivers from the master list so it's not likely.

John Eadicicco

NOT Every driver on the master list is at top pay!

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on December 09, 2015, 05:05:53 PM
NOT Every driver on the master list is at top pay!

True, not every. But the ones who are "senior" usually are, and they have first choice.

hognol

Quote from: Buzz on December 09, 2015, 10:46:05 AM
Quote from: hognol on December 08, 2015, 11:55:17 PM

He would only have to replace them with senior drivers from the master list so it's not likely.
Eventually the master list will be exhausted, then hiring from the street at poverty wages. 

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on December 09, 2015, 10:25:57 PM
Eventually the master list will be exhausted, then hiring from the street at poverty wages.

So true ... and those people would be better off working at McDonald's than with putting up with with all the bullshit we do ... and they'll make 50 cents more an hour besides. Sad state of affairs.

yabba

when is the next sit   all is quiet as usual   

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 10, 2015, 12:32:20 AM
when is the next sit   all is quiet as usual

None scheduled, which would suggest to me that there is a verbal agreement in place that may be contingent upon the contractors getting money towards the medical from the city. I guess the union doesn't want to say anything because we were at this points some weeks ago and all of a sudden the owners took everything off the table. On the one hand I think they should tell us if that is the case. On the other hand, if they told us "This is what we got" and then it didn't work out, there would be those who would blast them and say, "But last week you told us ... " so I'm guessing until it's 100% certain we're not going to hear anything.

Buzz

As far a seniority being eroded, I would also point to the addition of Project Read to some of the van runs some weeks ago. (However, I understand many of them were subsequently sent over to Island Charter.) Why were we told that they had to go on certain runs? Why was the work not put up for pick? Island Charter, now an 1181 company, (or IC Bus, as it's called), PICKED all the Project Read runs. Why them and not us? Why was it forced on some people when people who might have wanted it didn't have a chance to pick it?

Seniority is becoming a thing of the past, it seems.

PROUD MEMBER

Everything is becoming a thing of the past