19A

Started by PROUD MEMBER, October 31, 2014, 03:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I could use a little help. With the 19A sites. The first shows all part 1 questions (54) and all part 2 questions (33). When I go on the second site the one with the answers in part 2 it skips from question 20 to 22.
Question 21 reads
You are driving at night and you must dim your headlights from high to low. What should you do with your speed?
a. Drop 5 mph until your eyes adjust.
b. Nothing: How well you see should not affect speed.
c. Slow down.
d. Speed up.

I would think the answer is B. It would be appreciated if you could check it.

Buzz

There are 32 questions in Part B, 54 in Part A = 86 total. The answer is (C) Slow down.

(B is wrong because your speed should be within the range of your headlights. If you go from high to low beams, the range is less, as should be the speed. When you complete the test you will see all the answers.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz Thanks Again but there is a little confusion between the DMV site and the site with the answers. As I said earlier if you check the site with the answers it is missing question 21 in part B. On the DMV site http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/ds875q.pdf you will see pages 2-9 part A have 54 questions and pages 10-14 part B has 33 not 32 questions. I just figured you would want to know and look into it. I always thought there was a total of 86 questions but according to this there is 87.

Buzz

That is odd. I'll try to look at it again over the weekend. There have always been 86 questions so I don't have an answer off-hand.

Buzz

OK ... had a chance to check and you are right. Question 21 on the State Test was omitted from the online test. I guess there are 87 questions in total, not 86. (33 on Part B rather than 32.) Thanks for calling it to my attention.